1

Bitna had never thought the arguing between her parents would get this bad.
She usually pretended to not listen as the two bickered and yelled at each other every night. Sometimes she would even lock the door and the 11 year old girl would just cover her ears and cry, hoping her choked sobs would drown out the yells and curses coming from her parents' room.

    Tonight it was particularly late, the crescent moon not offering very much light. The only thing lighting the road to show them the way was the single headlight that kept flickering. Father always promised to fix it, but never did.
Her grey eyes kept themselves glued to the outside, the side of her head pressed against the window. She remained silent as she listened to her parents hushed murmuring in the front seat.

    Before she knew it, she could hear them beginning to argue.
Instead of saying anything, she sighed and instead attempted to ignore them.

    "When are you going to get this old car fixed?" She could hear mother saying coldly to father.
"I will when I get the chance," Father responded calmly, "It takes money to get things fixed, and we aren't the most wealthy." he tried reasoning.
Mother only scoffed and took a quick drink from the bottle of alcohol clutched on her right hand. "Maybe if you got yourself a better job, we would be able to pay for things" mother muttered under her breath.
She heard father give a simple sigh before replying - very calmly - with, "Or maybe you can stop drinking and get a job"

   Bitna didn't even have to look away from the window to know that Mother was pissed.

  Before she could even speak up, they exploded.
Full on yelling and cursing. Mother even swinging at father and making him duck to avoid so he could keep his eyes on the road.

  "I HAVE TO WATCH OUR CHILD, THE ONE YOU REFUSE TO EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO" Mother screamed at Father.

  "You don't even watch her! You're always off partying, doing some drug or drinking! You're irresponsible, stupid, a terrible mother!" Father retorted sharply.

"Oh please!" Mother scoffed. She opened her mouth to shout something else terrible.

  "SHUT UP, STOP FIGHTING, PLEASE!" Bitna exploded, speaking up for the first time.

Both father and mother turned their shocked gaze on her for a few seconds.

  And that's all it took. Just for father to look away from the road for a few seconds.

  Bitna suddenly lost conscious after the sound of glass shattering and metal bending.

  She was suddenly completely numb, the only thing she could hear was the loud ringing in her ears.

  She could see her mother unconscious, bloody against the airbag that had broken free to protect whoever was sitting in the front seat.

  She could see father slumped to the side, his neck at an unnatural angle.

  What was happening?

   It wasn't long before a soft, dark embrace grabbed a hold of her, and she slipped into a deep state of sleep.

ELLO
MY NAME IS KENDAL, AND I ACTUALLY INTEND ON FINISHING THIS BOOK!
I've never posted a Canon x Oc book before, and I usually don't ship Canon x oc, but I was kinda attached to them after it happened in a role play lol
If you have any idea on how to improve it, do tell!
It escalated so quickly but I wasn't even sure how to make it go slower lol
Send help
Anyways Ily all!
I'll try to update more than I usually updated on my old account
Thanks!
Bye!
~Kendal