Brambleclaw's Choice: Sunset

Sunset-Brambleclaw's Choice: A Warrior's One Shot

Tigerstar watched his sons from the dark forest. "Come on! Come on, Brambleclaw!" he growled, narrowing his amber eyes as the tabby warrior paused, looking at his leader, weak and helpless, at his mercy. He lashed his tail as Brambleclaw shook his head. His sons looked at each other, and Brambleclaw gave Firestar a look of pity.

     Hawkfrost was questioning the tabby's loyalty to his kin, "I did it for you," he murmured,  and when Brambleclaw lunged to help Firestar, Hawkfrost stopped him. 

    "Fine, if you won't do it, I will!" Hawkfrost hissed, heading toward Firestar to kill him with a single blow, and Tigerstar realized that Hawkfrost would never be able to win a battle against his elder brother.

    Watching as his first son fought for where his loyalties lay, pride rushed through as his sons fought so viciously, as if they were the shadows of their father.Obviously that isn't the case, for Brambleclaw anyway, he thought hatefully, as his first son defeated his second with one final blow, killing Hawkfrost.

    Congratulations, Brambleclaw.  You win, For now...

    Meeting his younger son, Tigerstar dipped his head to his son. Hawkfrost lashed his tail. "I thought we had him. He told me he cared about me! But instead..." he flicked his tail where Brambleclaw was helping Firestar out of the trap. "...He cares more about that...that cat! The cat that watched you die right before your eyes!" Hawkfrost lashed his tail, turning away from his father. "I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him for this!"

    "You don't have to," came another voice, and Hawkfrost noted Tigerstar dipping his head with respect.  A tortoiseshell she-cat dipped her head in greeting. "Great StarClan, you are a spitting image of your father, aren't you. I'm Mapleshade, you want revenge, this is the place to plot it."

    Not as much as Brambleclaw, thought Tigerstar regretfully. "I'll see you all later," growled Tigerstar. "Mapleshade, you can take it from here, right?"

    "Huh?" Hawkfrost cocked his head. "Why can't you."

    "This is the Dark Forest, every cat here walks alone. Good luck, my son," Tigerstar touched noses with Hawkfrost, before bounding out of their sight. Brambleclaw will pay for making me feel so weak, so betrayed and so... empty.