The House Party

Tonight was it. Tonight was the night of the annual house party of the legendary Harry Styles, and I was finally invited. It’s the party that everybody wants to get invited to, but never do, except I was finally going. I got dressed in my new party dress and got ready to go. Just as I had finished prepping, I heard the doorbell and rushed out to the car.

    I had arrived to Harry’s party with my best friend, Luke Hemmings, and his friends. The night went on with dancing, mingling, small talk, food and drinks, and all of the usual party activities. I had noticed something outside, it didn’t seem like a big idea, but I went to investigate anyways. I had found my way over to a small white window by the living room and looked outside. Everything seems okay… probably just some rain or fog or something… I thought, as the sky was pitch black with a few lightning strikes every now and then. I had thought nothing of it so I just went back to the party.

    Suddenly, out of nowhere, an emergency news cast appeared on the TV. Everyone rushed over to see what was happening. I couldn’t see what was on the TV, but people everywhere were grabbing who they came with and were running out the door into their cars and speeding off. I was completely unaware of whatever it was that everyone was panicking about, but Ashton, one of Luke’s friends, grabbed me and pulled me to the basement, where I noticed Luke, Calum, Michael, Louis, Harry, Liam, Zayn, and Niall were, all with worried expressions on their faces.

    “What’s going on?!” I asked them.

    “You didn’t see the newscast? There’s a whole group of tornados and dangerous thunderstorms coming this way!” Niall exclaimed.

    “This house has a bomb shelter, it can shield us from the weather until it all blows over.” Harry said, motioning us to a big gray door in the west side of the room.

    We all quickly moved inside the room, which turned out to be a lot bigger than one would expect from a bomb shelter. We each made our way to a little area of the room and entertained ourselves with games, talking, and reading, hoping the storm wouldn’t last too long. Even from in the shelter, we could hear the weather occurring outside, and it didn’t sound like it’d give up anytime soon.

    After a few days of complete boredom, Louis decided to turn on the small battery powered TV to see what was happening out there and see if we could finally leave. To our surprise, we saw on the news complete chaos outside, which definitely wasn’t normal. Naturally, we all panicked because we were short on food and water and being in the same gloomy room with the same people for a while isn’t exactly fun. So, we started rationing our supplies and went on with playing games and doing random things to pass the time.

    Two weeks went by and we finally decided it was time to check up again, since we were finally out of food and couldn’t take another minute in there, even if we were just playing it safe. Louis turned the TV on again and this time nothing happened. There was no news, no shows, no anything. As a group, we decided that a few of us should go out and see what was going on. So Liam, Harry, and Zayn went out while Luke, Calum, Louis, Niall, Michael, Ashton, and I stayed back just in case.

    It had been almost an hour and they hadn’t come back, so we all went out the second shelter door and into the backyard. I thought since it’d been so long since I’d had one, I’d take a deep breath of fresh air, but what I smelled was the most putrid thing I’ve inhaled in my life. I heard screaming from behind me, and when I turned around, I joined in with the screaming. Laying there on the blood stained grass was Liam Payne. He wasn’t exactly just laying down either, he looked like he had been eaten by some creature, and he was dead. More shrieking occurred as we discovered the body of Zayn Malik, also brutally eaten. My first thought was that Harry had done this, but just then I noticed these hideous beasts roaming around. I had seen enough TV to know what they were. They were zombies, and they had eaten Zayn and Liam. I hadn’t even noticed we hadn’t found Harry’s body.

    “Where’s Harry?!” Louis said, panicking more than the rest of us.

    “What if he did this, blamed it on the zombies, and ran off?” Calum said accusingly.

    Suddenly a dark figure rushed towards us. We all panicked, but soon realized it was none other than Harry Styles.

    “I’m really sorry, I was having a wee.” He explained. “The bathrooms are ages away. What happened?”

    “Styles you better explain yourself right now!” Michael exclaimed.

    “I came out here with Liam and Zayn, but I temporarily left them to check out what happened and get us food. I guess they weren’t paying attention and these zombies or whatever they are got to them.” He told us.

    After Harry had explained his whole story, we rushed inside to escape any possible danger that we could encounter if we stayed outside. We kept trying to contemplate what was happening and what we were going to do. We finally reached a decision to grab any weapons there were around and go out the next day to find people, food, water, or see if anything was still completely intact and safe, as part of the house was destroyed in the storm. That night, though, I don’t think anybody got any sleep due to the events witnessed that day.

    Early the next morning, we ate what we could and packed bags to set out on our quest. We gathered our weapons and set out as quietly and sneaky as a fox. Unfortunately, everything was in ruins as far as we could see. We searched all day, killing any zombies that got in our path. The sun was almost setting and we realized we had no safe place to be for the night, seeing as Harry’s place was too far away to go back to safely in one night. Luckily, Niall had packed a tent in his bag, so we set it up and took turns through the night guarding each other.

    I was woken up by a blood curdling scream and immediately exited the tent to witness Michael being eaten by a zombie while he was supposed to be on watch. Luke took care of the zombie as we mourned for Michael and the rest we had lost so far. The body of Michael was seemingly laughing at us, waiting for the next victim to suffer the same fate as it had. We packed up and set out again, as we couldn’t handle seeing the lifeless body of Michael laying there.

    We were walking for almost an hour when we noticed a gas station in not too bad of shape on the west side of the road. We made our way over to the half-wrecked building and carefully scavenged any supplies we could find and carry. We were about to exit as Calum accidentally bumped into a shelf. It fell over, and knocked the next few  shelves over like dominoes. One of the shelves blocked our exit. We were trapped, and even worse the noise had attracted the zombies over like it was a free buffet and we were the meals.

    “Help!” Screamed Louis, whose foot was stuck under a fallen shelf and as the zombies approached.

    “It’s too heavy, we can’t move it!” Luke said in a quick and worried tone.

    “Please, we have to save him!” Cried Harry.

    We tried our hardest to move the shelf, but it was too heavy for even the 7 of us to move. The zombies closed in on the store and after our long attempt, we finally got Louis out from under the shelf. We noticed a small opening between the zombies and we rushed through with all our strength and hoped to make it through before getting bitten. I made it to a safer area and Luke and Ashton ran up next to me.

    “Where are the others?” I asked, hoping they made it as well as we did. They were quiet and hesitant for a moment.

    “Louis got bitten, and Harry couldn’t leave him, and Calum tried to help. They’re all dead. I don’t know what happened to Niall…” Luke explained.

    “Sorry, I was eating some granola.” Niall apologized as he joined us.

    And that’s how it went on. Niall, Luke, Ashton, and I were the only survivors of our little group. We continued with our lives scavenging and hoping that one day, things would be better, or even go back to normal. That day never came. We were destined to be zombie apocalypse survivors for the rest of however long our lives would be.