Back to Me

Chapter 1

All I had wanted for a long time was to see my old friend Bethany. When I saw her after awhile I realized she was different than she used to be.

I'm sure my case isn't that uncommon. Seeing an old friend and realizing they're different.

The only thing with me is that Bethany passed away a year ago, on October 13th, which so happened to be a Friday.

I walked down the hallway, looking at every corner. No one knows when the killer finds his prize. All you can do is wait, right? So I turned the corner and there she was, as perfectly perched as ever. "Hello! Darlin what's the worry?" Oh, how I wish I could smack the innocence off her perfect little apple cheeked face. "I'm going to be late to class, smart one!" She blinked as innocently and disgustingly as ever. "Oh, I'm sorry, honey-bunches. Did I interrupt a desperate run to class?" She then laughed in the most vile way possible. "It all depends on how you see me." I ran, but then she appeared in front of me. "Sweetpea, who said I was done with ya? You still owe me a favor. ", she said as she fooled with her nails. " Why can't you forget that already?! I don't care!!!" "You think you'll get away without repaying your debt in me? Think through this carefully. I can follow you wherever I want to. You won't be let off very easily."

Back in 8th grade when we were besties, we were playing soccer and the ball went out. I went to get it and a truck started to drive up the road. I wasn't paying attention, and Bethany had to push me out of the way.