The Short-Cut Mistake

Japan,Nara: 10:57

" Wow. That party was lame, spending time with my grandmother doesn't seem so bad anymore."Dre said, shaking his head in disappointment.
"Way to be blunt about it." Kenneth spoke as he applaud Dre.
"Didnt you say parties were-" Dre used air quotation marks.
"- 'Cool'"
"Well... This one was lame. There you go."
Both, Dre and Kenneth are 16,walking from a lame party,gamers, lonely.... sad lifes.

"Please remind me not the accept invitation from a guy who looks hippy." Kenneth said as he looked at Dre.
" Understood."
Kenneth looked toward Dre. Dre really seemed upset,since it was his first party. Then, Kenneth look toward the ground, Trying to think of something to cheer him up.
He looked up at him and said, " Before i go home, Do you want to play some games with me?"
He looked at Kenneth and he noticed Dre eyes lit up.
" Of course, Kenny!" Kenneth slapped him for the nickname.
" Don't call me, Kenny."
" Ow. Okay, You could use you words,sir!" He said rubbing his arm.

Japan,Nara: 1:46

"Almost... There..." Dre mumbled to Kenneth as his fingers were moving all over the controller.
Kenneth looked at the time and soon regretted it.
"It... 1:50" Kenneth said in a panicked voice.
Dre had to pause the game and looked for himself.
"Oh, Wow. You're right." "Im such an idiot! Im going to get in so much trouble! " Kenneth said, still panicked.
"Yes. Basically. You will."
Kenneth punched.
"Bye, you butt!"
Dre just waved as he saw his friend exit the door.

Japan,Nara,Bridge : 2:10

Kenneth was trying to think of an excuse to tell his mom because knowing her, she'll be waiting for him at the door.
" Man, What am i going to tell me mom!?"
After stressing on a few excuses, he finally gave up and decided to tell his mom a " I got lost" excuse. As he walked down the silent bridge, He heard a splash in the water. He looked down from the bridge to see nothing was in the water. So, He continued speed-walking down the bridge.
" Ah, there must be a short cut."
Kenneth stopped in his tracks trying to find a short-cut, so, he can get home faster. The only short-cut he could find was under the bridge and straight from there. So, that's what he did.

Japan, Nara, Under Bridge: 2:58

Kenneth was slowly getting more and more weary with each step. He groaned wishing he hadn't stayed at his friend's house so late, Or better yet, wish it was all over. All you can hear is winds blowing, but Kenneth couldn't even hear that with him on the verge of passing out. Suddenly, the air became thick and hard to breathe in. Kenneth, noticing the sudden change in the air, fastened his pace. Then, out in the distance, Kenneth noticed a small figure. He didn't pay mind and just turned the other way. But, that was his mistake. As Kenneth turned around, He was suddenly shoved onto the ground. And the only thing he could here before he blacked out was chuckles from the small figure.

Japan, Nara,Under Bridge: 5 days later

"Yes, It seems the missing Kenneth Losnes has been found dead. He was found under this bridge here-" the reporter said, as he points under the bridge "- and police reports say his cause of death was a very, deathly fever. We told Kenneth family about this and they told our people that can't be right because he was fine and healthy walking out the door the day he died."
As the reporter continued to report, a small figure was seen in the distance, giggling softly.