Chapter One: The Girl In The Corner.

My eyes felt like a thousand needle had just been thrown into them. My entire body felt like it was on fire. Everything around me was black, like, abyss black.. Then a figure appeared. I couldn't find any distinguishable features, so I settled for "spooky ominous white figure." Then, it spoke. "Regina Miller.." Okay, it knew my name. Great. "I will give you two choices.. One, stay. Stay in your mortal realm. Two, move on. Go to the afterlife or be reincarnated, I don't decide that. This only decides where you will spend eternity." Okay, so either die or live? This is an obvious one, but.. "What happens if I stay?" I ask slowly. "That's just it. You.. Stay." Wow, ominous.. But hey, life sounds pretty good. "Then.. I'll stay." Then everything went black.

When I woke up, I was standing. I was in a room. It was painted light yellow, like a baby duck. The curtains were pale blue with white specks, and there was one of those barbie doll dream houses in the corner. It was one of the really nice ones, with the working elevator that needed batteries. I remember my little cousin begging my aunt for one.. The floor was hard wood, but there was a rug in the middle of the room. It was yellow, and shaped like a flower. The room felt like one for a young child, and I guess that's why a little girl was sitting on the ground facing the corner. I didn't want to  approach her just yet, so I looked around a bit more. CDs, a hello kitty radio, a bookcase with tons of kids books. Kids who had just gotten the hang of reading larger words, like, seven years old I guess. That's when I started reading big books. There were more girls toys sitting around, but I noticed a box peeking out from the closet, with a few broken boy toys. I didn't think much of it. I walked over to the little girl, and kneeled next to her. "Amy?" The name rolled off my tounge, I didn't the girl but the name felt like it fit. She turned around and didn't even seem scared to see a strange teenage girl in her room. "Hi.. Mommy said I'm not supposed to talk when I'm in time-out." She said softly. The girl, Amy, looked about six. She had black hair in twin ponytails, tan skin, and brown eyes. She was wearing a pair of blue shorts and a pink my little pony shirt. "Well, what did you do to make your mommy put you here?" I asked curiously. "I punched a kid at school.." I smiled. "Why did you do that?" I felt a connection to Amy. I didn't know why, but it was like she was.. A sister, or even a daughter. "I wanted to play soccer with the boys, but Martha said only boys could play soccer. I told her there were a bunch of girl soccer stars, and she said that they were just stupid. So I said she was stupid, then she said I was stupid for trying to be a boy, and then I punched her in the face.." I held back a laugh. "Well, I think Martha was being dumb. Because I bet you are an amazing soccer player." Amy smiled. "You really think so?" I poked her nose. "I know so. My name is Regina."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think?