prologue

|August. 15, 2013

Lara wrapped her jacket around herself tighter, the rain really beginning to pour. She rushed over to the bus stop and sat down on the slightly wet seats. The last bus would arrive at 9:00. She checked her watch, 8:50. Ten minutes was all she needed.

Lara turned her head and looked behind her, a perfectly good blank wall on an abandoned building. She quickly made her way to the small, dark alleyway and carried her bag full of spray cans with her. She checked to see if her sketch book was still dry. Thankfully, it was under all of the cans.

She skimmed through the pages, her eyes searching for the perfect drawing. She stopped at a black and white drawing of a forest. This will do. She thought to herself. She got out some spraypaint before letting her hands do all the work. The smell of paint invading her nostrils and the sound of the spray hitting the wall, music to her ears. Soon enough it was finished, the wall covered in a mural of a dark forest and a small girl lost in the middle of it all. It wasn't her best, but it was alright.

Lara checked her watch. 8:59, just in time. She packed her things and put her hood on her head before retreating back to the bus stop right as the bus pulled in.

author's note
Rewrote everything. Completely different storyline and characters. The first one was alright but it was going nowhere. I just didn't enjoy writing it anymore. Anywayy, how'd you like the prologue??