Chapter One, Lillian

Author's Note: If you haven't guessed, then this is a love triangle. ;)

I wasn't happy when I saw the legendary 1967 Chevy Impala turn up at the same motel that I just happened to be staying in. I knew that my brother was going to send someone after me. I knew that this was my first case after in the incident but I was fine. It was what I wanted and needed yet Garth didn't understand at all. He was worried when he didn't have a reason to be.

I walked out of my room and stood near my motorcycle with my hands on my hips. I have met Sam and Dean a few times, briefly, but I never wanted to work a case with them. They seemed like they would try and act manly just because I am a girl. They would try to be noble. I hated men who tried to be noble.

"Looks like someone is happy to see us." Dean got out of the drivers side of the car. "Awe, she's got the scowl and everything."

"Hey boys." I crossed my arms. I looked them up and down. Dean seemed to do the same to me as well. I rolled my eyes when I noticed that. Sam also seemed to notice, and smirked. "Garth sent you, I assume."

"No." Sam smiled at me. "We volunteered."

"Why would you do that?"

Sam shrugged and gestured to the front desk. I nodded and he went to get their room. I looked at Dean. He seemed different, it was like more skeletons in his closet. It made me curious. Dean took out his phone and dialled a number.

He said Cas' name into the phone and informed him where they were and what they were doing. I stepped closer, so close that I was almost touching Dean and spoke into the phone.

"Hey Cas. I'm here too and I'm the only one that really matters here." I stood next to the phone to listen to Cas' confused answer. I laughed slightly and moved backwards. Dean seemed to be staring at me as I walked back into my motel room. I shook my head and made eye contact with Dean as I closed the door slowly.

I turned and walked to the small table in the corner of the room. There were stacks of books about the town history in this area. Mostly about the building the ghosts I was after seemed to like the most. The latest victims were some young and dumb high school kids looking for something exciting to do on a Friday night. The only connections that you could see between the victims were that they all had some romantic feelings towards the other person that was killed. It seemed to be only couples or near couples.

I had talked to the other high school kid that was there and he said that there was two ghosts. He described the ghosts as two men. Both of them were wearing tuxes that looked like they were burned. My guess was that they were burned to death for unjust reasons. Like most ghosts. The only problem I was having was identifying them. There was no record of them anywhere and I even went back into the old, old records at the library. Nothing.

I was ruffling through some more paper scattered across the paper when someone knocked on the door. I got up and opened it to see the brothers. I moved to let them in and the boys immediately went towards the table full of information. They started sorting out everything. Sam and Dean handed each other papers. Apparently they each had information that a certain brother was supposed to look after. I didn't understand their process so I decided to that I was more useful getting beer. All hunters have a thing for beer. I understood it completely and if I was going to be forced to spend the week with the Winchesters than I was going to need a lot of it.

I got on my motorcycle and drove away. I kept all my hunting gear in a back compartment on the bike. I was extremely good at packing stuff into a small space and it came in handy with things like this. I drove past the abandoned apartment building and to the liquor store.