The Bloody White Rose (Vampire Knight Kaname Kuran Love Story)

Chapter One, Memories and Chocolates

I think of my first memory each and every time I see a white rose or a freshly fallen snow.

"Hello little girl." The man with red eyes smiled at me. I looked around, I was in a city that was asleep. The time was way past midnight, and it was lightly snowing. The streets were made of cobblestone, and the street lights had a eerie and soft glow. He wore a gray trench coat, his fangs seemed to glisten. We were alone. "Would you like a flower?" He got a white rose from his pocket. It was so pretty, and I wanted it.

I walked over to the man that was like a giant compared to my little child self. When I was right next to him to get the flower I noticed it had red little splatters on it, it looked like blood. I still though reached for the flower and when I grabbed it my finger snagged on a thorn and bled.

"Mm, you smell so sweet...." He smiled and grabbed my wrist, licking my bleeding finger and making me quiver from head to toe. He bit my wrist and I let out a sharp piercing scream.

Then my savior came, he pushed the man off of me and the man paused to look at him and then ran off into the night. My savior had brown hair and brown eyes and fangs, his name I later learned was Kaname Kuran. I looked at the white rose that was on the ground and reached down and took it.

He looked at it a bit cautiously. "May I have that?" He asked, his voice so sweet and kind.

I shyly handed it to him and he placed it on the ground and took my hand.

"Are you alright?" He asked studying my bleeding wrist. My lip trembled but I managed to nod. He smiled. "What is your name?" He asked kindly.

He didn't seem surprised when I gave no answer.

I didn't know.

A wad of paper hit the back of my head when I had started to fall asleep in class. Last night's patrol had worn me out like most.

Four girls had sneaked out and me and Zero had to lead a couple of night students away from them as Yuki brought the girls back to their dorms.

I looked back at Zero who had thrown the paper wad and scowled slightly, picking it up and about to throw it back when the teacher noticed me.

"Kohana!" He said, annoyed. I blushed and leaned back down in my seat, putting the paper wad aside.

"Pay attention." The teacher scowled, then continued his boring lesson of my least favorite subject on the planet, Algebra.

A subject I will never be able to pay attention to.

After class I had to shake Yuki awake. "YUKI!" I shouted shaking her.

Yori came over and cleared her throat. I sighed and stepped aside. "Yuki their serving eggrolls in the dining hall today."

Yuki shot up. "I'll have two please!" She looked around and realized where she was.

Yori sighed. "Come on," I said going out the door seeing Zero had already left.

Today all the girls were in a frenzy, it was Valentines day and everyone wanted to give their chocolate to their night class crushes.

Zero had demanded just to cancel the events at the school but the headmaster was all giddy about it and said the night class were like celebrities, which was true, but really if you have a brain you'd know not to say such things in front of Zero Kiryu.