Let's ruin the friendship (I want you to be mine)

Lauren didn't think that she was necessarily a stupid girl, she really didn't. She was top of her class, she had part-time job offers coming out of her ears, and she was a hard worker. All these things added up to being...well, not stupid.

However.

And this was a big however.

Letting her boyfriend knock her up was probably the dumbest decision, but not really decision, she had ever made in her entire life.

To be honest, it wasn't entirely her choice. She had told him...a lot. To not come inside of her. Because she didn't like it, and she wasn't ready. In the end, when it happened she didn't really have much of a choice.

She also wasn't entirely sure when he had started to treat her like he did. It was probably a development, she mused. Most things were. It just...seemed like it came up pretty quickly. One minute they had just started dating and he was taking her out and kissing her goodnight at her front door, and the next he was yelling at her constantly, and forcing his way inside said door to do...well a little more than a kiss goodnight.

When they had sex, it was rough. Very rough. She got on her knees for him much more regularly than he greeted her without some kind of insult, and then he forced himself down her throat so there were tears pouring down her face and she was begging him to stop and her throat was sore and numb at the same time.

So, yeah. Not entirely her fault. Seeing something in him in the first place, and then dating him, probably her fault.

She had kind of been biding time so far to look for the right opportunity to tell him, because she was sure this didn't fit into his ideal life plan and she wasn't really sure what the consequences were going to be because of it.

They had been in a restaurant, waiting patiently for all their friends and family to show up, and Lauren had intended to tell him later that night. He was once again telling Lauren how she was too overweight and too dumb to ever amount to anything except his girlfriend, and that he was the one good thing about her.

Lauren was kind of bored of it to be honest. She had long since learned how to just block it out, or as much as she could do anyway, so she was kind of glancing absentmindedly around the restaurant, looking for someone, anyone, to come save her from this.

As more and more guests filed in, Lauren greeted them all with warm hugs and kind smiles. She had missed her family so much it was unreal. He had mentioned that he wanted Lauren to see them less, with his hands wrapped tight around her neck cutting off her oxygen supply till she had had no choice but to agree. He had let them come this time, after her mum had been blowing up her phone every day and her siblings had come round to the house to see her more than thrice a week.

Half way through the party, and he had pretty much been shit talking her to all her friends and family, letting them know that she was a "lazy slob" and was "putting on a bit too much weight to be attractive".

As various eyes glanced over to Lauren, they could see that she was as skinny as she had ever been, much more so in fact, because he had put her on a diet that restricted pretty much everything that wasn't green and leafy.

But now, Lauren had to eat for the baby. She had to. Which is why she intended to tell him as soon as she could. So, tonight.

Lauren looked around, searching for that special someone that would just make her entire week better, that would make all of this worth it. She sighed in disappointment when she realised she wasn't here yet.

"Lauren." He said angrily, tone dangerous and unsettling, hands coming up to roughly squeeze Lauren's wrists, cutting off her circulation to her fingertips. "Are you even fucking listening to me, you bitch?"