CHAPTER 1

"Sam, where are you? Ma is going to find you!", a soft voice whispered from the corner.
A little girl giggled, her dark brown hair hiding her innocent face. She ran towards the huge armchair and hid herself behind it.
"No you can't!", she laughed.
The happiness of the living room faded when a sudden knock came from the door.
" Open up! ", a harsh voice shouted.
The woman was alarmed, she quietly ran to the girl. She whispered something to the girl and then sped off to open the door. The girl rushed to the closet and closed the door. She could only take glimpses of what was happening through the keyhole.
"We waited enough, it is time for you to be summoned! " the harsh voice bellowed.
" You can't do this to us, Roy wouldn't dare! ", the woman cried.
" Roy! Too bad, he won't live that long to witness it! "
Suddenly an enormous man clad in gray threw a sack on the floor. He untied the knot and opened it.
The woman screamed. A young man in his thirties bore scratches and marks on his face. He was covered with blood and there was a wound on his chest. The woman fell near the man and cradled him in her arms. Tears flowing from her eyes.
Through the keyhole, the little girl saw the man. She gasped in fear.
"Daddy! ", she whispered.
The enormous man sniffed the living room and heaved a sigh.
" My Lord, I smell a little girl. Mmm, a sweet smell of peppermint and lavender. Oh, she is gotta be here! She would be delightful for dessert. "
The woman turned around and glared at the man.
" There is none but me! You have found me, so take me! "
The leader nodded his head and announced." I believe she is right. They don't have children as we have heard. She is summoned and so we shall leave! "
" But the smell! ", the man whined.
The leader snapped" Do what I say Doug! After all you smell everything but a little girl, and I have been dumb witted enough. So make a move! "
The enormous man sighed and then chained the woman. He dragged the woman out of the house while the others carried the man.
" Burn this place! I don't want any evidence of us! ", shouted the leader.
A tall man took out bottles of oil and a matchbox. He ordered the men to pour oil in the house. The men quickly set to work.
The woman fidgeted around and begged them." Please, do leave the house! What harm has it done? "
The empty bottles were thrown outside.
" It has brought us no harm but it will in the future... ", he took out a match stick and lit it. Then threw it towards the house.
" To the last star gazers thriving on Earth..."
* * * * *