Sometimes

Life is funny sometimes. Sometimes, you don't know what you have until it is no longer within reach. Sometimes, you wake up in the morning and realise you should have taken that call, shouldn't have pushed that point so far, should have gone to that family dinner despite how much you do not want to see your aunt. But that's the beauty of hindsight. How are you to know that that call was telling your parents need you, that argument would be the last time you spoke to your friend, that dinner would be the last one.. and trust me, in the long run, you'll miss that annoying aunt not being around. Looking at a situation, knowing the potential outcome, things could, and often would, be different. But that would make a perfect world. And in itself, that would ruin the balance, ruin the point of life, which would make an imperfect world, one even worse than we have. How would you learn if you made no mistakes? How would you grow as a person, mature, if you never had to suffer. As much as it hurts, it makes us who we are. It's inevitable that, sometimes, we will wish we could change the past, change the future. Sometimes, though, we won't truly know what we should change until we gone. Until we can look at our life, those in it, those events, and the world as a whole and objectively realise just how great we had it. And, at the end of it all, sometimes we won't want to change a thing.