Chapter 1 - A New Moon

• Dedicated to nikki D.,Prince H.,Jessey C.

Narrators POV:

Meshca (meh-sh-k-uh) had just been crowned leader of the clan. She vividly remembered the horrible death of the great leader Magra like it was yesterday. In fact, it was just yesterday.

Images of long silver-grey wolf hair splattered with crimson blood sinking to the bottom of the great lake were stuck in her head every time she saw a puddle of water.

Meshca trotted into the clearing of the main camp. She admired the thick floral around the clearing, even on such a sad day. Trumpet vines with their bright orange flowers clung to the old pine, maple & willow trees.

So many creatures took sanction here for it was hidden from most of the world & blessed by the gods. The prey was plentiful, the weather not harsh & no one dare create conflict... Until recently at least.

×××

A set of jagged rocks sat at the head of the breathtaking clearing. A giant willow hung above the rocks, providing shade & protection. And a shallow pond swirled around the base of the rocks providing water and structure.

Meshca decided to go to the highest rock beneath the willow to seek guidance.

The camp was silent with hushed whispers between friends and clan mates. Meshca trotted through the mud, in her wolf form it was pleasant. The mud cooled her paws and felt nice between her toes.

She reached the old rocks, there's was such a blessed aura here. She looked down into the shallow water at her reflection before taking a drink.

She had stunning white fur & breathtaking eyes that would often change colors when she changed forms. Right now, they were a forest green.

The beautiful wolf slowly leaped from jagged peak to jagged peak before reaching the tallest one.

The platform was smooth & ancient. Here was where every leader ever has stood. Where they commanded their people and got guidance from the willow tree.

Meshca heard whispers all around her as she bowed to the willow. She heard the pitter patter of the rain as a gust of wind blew her fur back.

×××

She didn't know how but she all of a sudden understood what she needs to do. She needs to... Claim the title of leader.

The clan has always been ruled by a hybrid because it kept peace & understanding through the creatures. It was multiple species being ruled by multiple species being. Instead of multiple species being ruled by one specie.

So in a way, hybrids were royalty. Protected by everyone and held to the highest of standards in the supernatural world.

×××

Meshca sighed, she understood that it was now or never to claim her title to the 'throne' before anyone else dared.

She turned so that she was facing the clearing. She left her eyes closed, breathing in the air through her nose. She was nervous, understandably.

When she opened her eyes she was struck with awe. Nearly the entire clan sat before her, silent with their eyes locked on her.

She opened her mouth to speak but before she could all the wolves bowed. All the vampires raised their fists and looked to the ground. However, the demons and everyone else starred forward, their sharp eyes suffocated her in deep pressure.

She shut her mouth quickly and began thinking of what she should say. How she should bring the news of her claim to the clan. However, being a hybrid, the throne was basically her birthright.

"Meshca, how are you?" rasped a dark gray wolf.

She hadn't noticed that one of her elders had made the path up the jagged peaks to her position. She recognized this wolf as Skayle, a great warrior and wise elder in the clan.

"Hello Skayle" she spoke in a hushed tone.

"What's on your mind child" he spoke

She looked down at the ground with a blank expression, "I must tell the clan that I intend to claim the position as leader... But I don't know how"

"Just tell them, Child. If the willow believes in you, then they have no choice. After all, it's your right."

Meshca sighed. lifting up her mussel she began thinking of the right words to use.

She deepened her voice to show authority as she began speaking loudly, "Great Clan of Magra the Hybrid demon" everyone turned their heads.

"As you all may know, your great leader Magra is dead...." she trailed off remembering Magra. "Some sort of projectile hit her below the ear, a fatal blow flinging her into the blue and black great lake waters....." she said as the creatures hissed and snapped their jaws at the air. They were angry, everyone was.

"The great willow gave me guidance this evening. And as it is my birthright I take claim as the leader"

"I shall go to the Lunar Hollows by sunrise, one weeks time. To offer myself to the gods as the leader"

Everyone looked up at her in awe. It's not every day that someone is inaugurated to be a leader. And everyone knew just how dangerous the journey to Lunar Hollows is. Many have gone but... never returned.

Lunar Hollows was a giant mountainous rock that had many craters within it. One of which went straight through the side of it. And when the full moon rose its light was rumored to shine through perfectly. As if the moon had carved the hollow all by itself.

×××

The day continued on as if nothing had changed. As if Magra never died or if Meshca never claimed leadership.

To Meshca, everything was about to change. She's going from a common clan member to the leader.

She was going to have to travel a long, dangerous & desolate path to a mountain in the midst of nightfall, with only the moon light to guide her.

And if she were to survive the journey there & back, the entire clan would he renamed to her name. And all the weight of the world would fall upon her shoulders.

×××

A/N-
Yes I am rewriting this whole story, that's why things have changed. Please leave me suggestions & feedback. <3