The world is full of idiots...

It all started with a news report. The local news team was reporting an odd tear in the middle of my town, Clovis, New Mexico. It only appeared a few days ago, but it has baffled scientists all over the world. Some people think it's a way to another world, another dimension! Others believe it's a message from God, thinking he is telling them the world is ending, and when it does, to go through. Me, I just see it as a waste of time. "There are other things more important Than a damn hole in the air!" At least, that's what I thought. But little did I know, that tear in the air would change my life.

The World Never Ends

Chapter 1

The World Ends Now

From the very beginning, my life was a mistake. My mother was a pick-up hooker who got pregnant from a broken condom accident with one of her "clients". From what I was told, she used to be a hard-working banker, but when the bank got robbed, the place got shut down, and no one else would hire, leading to prostitution. "She was a good-hearted person that was struck down by reality." Everyone said. She tried to take care of me, but she couldn't get enough money to provide for the both of us, and after 6 years of having me, she died. After burying her the best a 6 year old could, I traveled around the country, trying to find a home. All I survived on was food from the soup kitchens I could find.

I was around 10 when I found music. I was passing by a theater when I heard loud yelling, a director was trying to find the perfect singer to be in his opera and had just yelled out his last audition. I went in to see what was going on, and the director came out , and saw me. He put his hand over his face and said, "Are you really the only one left?" with a disappointed look. "I don't really know what's going on." I said. The director sighed, grabbed my arm, and dragged me to the stage. He told me to sing what was on the sheet of paper in front of me, and he would decide if I would be in his opera or not. I decided to give it a shot, and started to sing. when I was done the director looked at me with awe. He started shouting, "YES! YES! THIS IS THE ONE!!" And handed me a list of days to come and practice for his play, because he had chosen me to be the lead in his opera. After many days of practice, it was the day of the opera. All the actors were getting ready when the director called for everyone. He told us that he was very happy for everyone helping him achieve his dream and handed all of us an envelope with money in it. I had never been happier in my life! I was so excited that I peeked through the curtains to see all of the people who came to see us. There were thousands of people sitting in the rows of the theater. I went back to everyone, and got ready to put on the best performance I could.

It was 4 hours until the opera ended. After the curtains closed, I headed to the director's office for everything. When I got to his door, I heard voices inside, and listened. It was the director and the other actors complaining about me, saying I was over-shadowing them, making them feel like they were less important. The director told them to stop yelling, and said that if they didn't like me, to beat me up, and take my pay. After that, I heard footsteps coming near the door. I got my money out of my pocket, grabbed as many bills as I could, and put them in my shoe. Then the door swung open, and everyone started chasing me. I started running away, but I tripped right in the middle of the stage. They started to beat me in front of all those people, and not a single person tried to help me. At that moment, it was like time froze. I wasn't trying to overshadow them, if anything, they were overshadowing me! I respected them, and after that it was like nothing mattered to me. All emotion in me just went away. I left the theater, but not before getting a lighter from one of the dressing rooms, and setting the place on fire. I used the money I got to buy some new clothes, some food, a bag, and kept on walking. On that day, it was as if my world, had ended.

Chapter 2

Depression

I rationed the food I bought as much as I could, but it only lasted a few weeks, so it was back to the soup kitchens. I ate my fill, and while I was walking through New Mexico, I found an abandoned house in the middle of nowhere. "Finally, a place to sleep." I thought, but when I went inside, I found it had a fridge stocked with food, a clean bed, and indoor lighting! I had guessed that there was some kind of emergency, so everyone left. So I decided that I would live here for a while until I was ready to leave.

Two years had passed living at that place when news started spreading across the world about a weird spatial tear appeared in Clovis, New Mexico, my old home, a few miles away from where I was staying. I didn't think much of it at first. But, after all the talk of being a message from God, or it being a religious symbol, etc., I got sick of it all, and decided to head there to see it for myself. I grabbed all the money I could find around the house, which added up to about $27.50, and left my home.

The moment I stepped into town, it was like everything was still. All the bad memories I'd been trying to forget were rushing through my mind. Depression. I did my best to deal with it on my way to the place where the tear was. I didn't expect anyone to remember me, I'm just a dead hooker's son, after all. But when I was walking down the street, everyone was just staring at me. I did't know why until I heard two women whisper to each other.

"Hey, isn't that Linda Wolf's kid...Charles?" "Poor thing, I heard he left town after Linda died 8 years ago." "Has it already been 8 years? He must be so lonely. Especially after that theatre incident." I didn't want to hear anymore, so I ran as fast as I could. I started crying. I hated this life, I just wanted to leave this world behind, and start a new life. Then it hit me. " Why don't I just leave?"

Chapter 3

"Charles Wolf"

Charles Wolf, a name I hadn't heard in a long time. I can still remember when Linda called me to her to tell me something important, like if we got to eat well or not. I thought those things on my way to the spatial tear. "I wonder if anything has changed since I left?" I thought. it really had changed, from the cracks in the ground, to the new buildings. Apparently, New Mexico won the SuperBowl, and decided to upgrade it's least popular town with the winnings, i.e. Clovis. But, the winnings only covered half of the town, Where my old house was, and where the tear was. I decided to go pay my respects to Lynda, since I won't be coming back.

Home was just as I remembered, one bedroom, tiny kitchen, dirty toilet. We didn't even have a shower, just a park fountain nearby. I went inside to try to find any money or edible food. "Nothing, as I expected." At least I found some dandelions growing out of my old bed, that's what I get for using whatever money I had on me on my last meal here. Don't judge me, Red Lobster has amazing biscuits. I went out to where I buried Linda. "HErE LYSe MOmy" was written on a piece of wood I planted into the ground next to her grave. I kneeled down next to her, put the dandelions on her grave, and told her my goodbyes.

"Well.. This is it, mom. I never thought I'd come back here again, but, here I am. I just came by to say I'm leaving. There's, uh, spatial tear at Green Acres that people say leads to a whole new world! I've...*sigh*... I've seen the world for what it truly is, a bigger piece of shit than Birdemic. Please. Watch over me. I'll have the life we dreamed of...Goodbye...Mommy."