My First Love (incomplete)

PROLOGUE

“At first you fall in love with your best friend and realize the difference between friendship and love. Then you fall in love with someone you think is perfect and realize that no one is perfect. And then finally you meet someone with whom you fall in completely and truly.” - The first time I read this line on a friends Facebook wall I thought to myself, “How true!” And then my whole life flashed before my eyes. It all started back at class 10. All my life till this then I was the guy who could never fall in love. Little did I know that within a few months everything I used to define myself was going to change.

It was dark. The first time in my life I said her ‘Hi’ and I meant it. She replied the same with a smile. Five minutes ago I was the ‘no love’ guy. And something as trivial as a smile brought it all crashing down. And there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Back then it was very hard for me to accept I had fallen in love. So I went along with the idea of a very good friend. Things went along very well. We soon became friends and then very good friends. But the real fun started after we passed out class 10. We both got admitted in the same school in class 11.