Red Rubber

It was driving me crazy. That stupid red plastic stupid ball is practically stupid taunting me with it's stupid freedom from the stupid other stupid side of the stupid barrier. Stupid. Look, I apologise for any children who are currently flaming at the ears from my use of that vile word; stupid. But you know, I have a good excuse to use that word. After all, it's my name. Well, kind of. See, I'm what some of you might call unlucky. But not just stub-my-toe unlucky. Not even drop-my-ice-cream unlucky. Nope. I'm get-captured-by-aliens-and-have-them-christen-you-Stupid unlucky. Even worse, they gave me a red rubber ball. Red! They could have at least had the decency to give me a green ball! I also could've gone for some crayons. A slight snap made me look up from contimplating what I did to make someone mad enough at me to gift me with my luck. My main "health examiner" stood outside the barrier, fiddling with her clipboard. I scooted away from her, silently vowing to myself that I would get my revenge on that stupid ball. I should really break that habit. From now on I'll say... Dandelion. Yeah, dandelion. It's definitely a better word than stupid. That dandelion ball would feel my wrath someday. Much better. I stood up, and hurried to my dandelion tire swing to sit on it, looking nonchalant. The professional walked over to the keypad, and I tensed a little. He pressed some buttons, and the lighting and such changed. Suddenly everything around me was bathed in an orange light, and holographic leaves started to fall. Autumn. So that's what season it was on Earth. The professional moved on, going to the other cages. I relaxed. Walking over to the dandelion ball, I threw it towards the wall. It bounced off, and I grinned. Revenge was sweet! I say was, and that is totally appropriate, as the ball smacked me in the face not two seconds later. I growled at it, muttering "Stupid..." Dang it! Shuffling away, I sat to watch the mock sun go down. A sharp rap on the glass behind me made me jump. The sight of my most sympathetic alien captor greeted me as I turned. Doctor Kfbduc, the official alien humanologist, was waiting with a large smile on his face. Ugh. Not another therapy session! Doctor Kfbduc let himself into my cage, grinning like a madman. A sincere madman, to be sure, but a madman none the less. "Helloing to Stupid!", he said. I sighed.