Roommate

Hercules flopped onto the couch with a groan. "Aleeeeeex," he whined as he buried his face in the almost threadbare pillows and sighed loudly. Alexander appeared a few moments later from the kitchen, an apron still tied on. "What is it, Herc?" he asked tiredly. "When's John getting home?" Herc's voice moaned from the pillow. Alex shrugged. "Soon. His last class should have ended five minutes ago." He turned around and went back into the kitchen to continue making dinner. 'Cooking' would not be the proper term to use for boiling almost-expired Chef Boyardee lasagna. What? College life was tough.
*two-hour time skip because I suck hehe*
   John burst through the door of the boys' dorm with a bright grin. "Guys! Guess what I just found out!" He waved a few sheets of paper in front of him. "You gotta guess!" Herc, who had not moved an inch since he got home, lazily lifted his head. "Your mom's finally getting married?" he asked sarcastically with a yawn. Alex looked up from his laptop. "Oh, did you get that scholarship?" he asked, smiling pleasantly. John groaned in frustration. "No, not yet, and shut up, Herc, my mom's dead." He shot him a good-natured glare before clearing his throat. "Gentlemen," he started pompously. "We.... are...." He motioned for Alex to do a drum roll. Alex, though begrudgingly, obliged, deciding it would be best to just go with it for the sake of John's excitement.
John looked between Alex and Herc, grinning maliciously.
"We're getting a roommate!"