The Granger Family Reunion

"I can't wait to see Aunt Clara again, you know, after that whole scandal with the affair and all."

The brunette snickered to the faux blonde. "That was awful, the whole family was outraged!"

The two seventeen year olds sniggered. Around them, many adults were scrambling about, muttering about food preparation, sleeping arrangements, and activities for the next few days.

The brunette brushed her shoulder length hair out of her gleeful green eyes, "Gods, it has been awhile since the last family reunion."

The blonde nodded to her cousin, "Definitely, eight years or so."

The other nodded in agreement; They hadn't seen each other since they were nine.

"Amanda, can you grab those flowers please?"

The brunette looked up with a frown before groaning and reaching over for the flowers her mother handed her. The tall woman stated sternly at her daughter before turning to the blonde with a warm smile.

"Ashley, you certainly have grown!" The woman bent down to give the girl a kiss on the cheek.

Ashley smiled politely, "Thanks, Aunt Rosie.

The woman brushed away a stray piece of hair that had detached itself from her ponytail. "Ashley, could you be a dear and help Amanda with those flowers? They need to be placed on the dining room table."

"Centerpiece, Mom?"

Rosie beamed at her daughter and nodded before turning to a call of her name. "Sorry girls, I'm urgently needed in the kitchen. Remember dining room table!"

Amanda rolled her eyes and nodded to her cousin to follow, but we're stopped at her mother's shout.

"Oh, and your Aunt Jane, Uncle Robert, and your cousin Hermione will be here tonight!"

Moving quickly into the other room out of the adult's hearing range, both teens groaned. Amanda glared at the flowers, putting them in a the partially water-filled vase.

"Gods, remember Hermione?"

Ashley scowled "Do I ever! Darn, I was hoping she wouldn't show, with her private schooling and all."

Amanda winced "You heard about it too?"

Ashley nodded "How could I not? It's all my parents would talk about when I was eleven. Hermione this, Hermione that, why can't you be more like your cousin?"

At this, her cousin nodded angrily, "I know! And I don't think they'd actually want us to be like her! I mean come on, she doesn't even have any friends."

Ashley smirked "And with her attitude and personality were so overbearing the last time we saw her."

"Totally bossy."

Ashley suddenly giggled, "You know what? I actually can't wait to see her. I wonder what kind of little freak she is now?"

Amanda laughed along with her cousin. "She probably still doesn't have any friends outside of books. No boyfriend, no fashion sense, nothing!"

Both girls felt better, laughing at their absent cousin.

Through the dining room, a few of the younger boys and girls ran through laughing hysterically, followed by the shouts of their mother telling them to calm down and not to run in the house. Amanda rolled her eyes with a smile.

"It's going to be a jungle literally, by the time everyone gets here."

By that night, it was what Amanda had deemed, a jungle in her home as relatives poured in, during all hours. And it was at long last that the dreaded cousin finally arrived. Amanda and Ashley didn't know what to think.