Latefi

Hi! i would like to share my everyday experience as a nurse here in Saudi Arabia. I am now currently working as clinic nurse for 2 years. Everyone is curious about how arab people behave in foreign people. Are they good or bad? Open or close minded. To my readers let me discuss how arabs behave.
I have a patient named Latefa,near 55 years old woman. She always walk into the clinic. with her cane, her small black handy bag and a plactic case with small bottle of juice and water. She always visited the clinic everyday for more than 10 years. yes true! no exaggeration! just for an insulin shot or IV infusion as she insisted. as i said as she insisted because she know better than us nurses and to her doctors. Most of us got pissed off everyday because of her unreasonable demand. One time She walk in directly to the clinic of our Gen Practitioner Physician. Our doctor shouted "SISTER"!! thats how people called nurses her in saudi. I ran through my doctor who got a weird face toward me(its like telling me Latefa is here again"!) i just smile to my doctor and took the vital signs of Latefa. While listening to them talking and talking I got leg pain already. When i realized Im an standing at the moment for 30 mins. thats terrible. Latefa is so difficult to talk with. She always want to do examination from head to toe. vital signs including the SPO2(oxygen saturation). All of the. vital signs are normal and nothing to worry about yet she insisted that the doctor must give her a Saline infusion with injection for abdominal pain and gastric gases. A shot of neurobion also was included. A saline inhalation for her pinkish oral mucusa and healthy throat. A 20 unit of insulin for her above 500 RBS.
Latefa want to put underpad under her hands when IV was infused. She ways keep on telling me I didn't eat, I always drink water, I am sick! I think I have a fever. and many more complains under the sun. remember for 2 years I am working here evwryday you heared that all complains? That is too much to handle! Latefa is one example of a type of patient that mentally ill. She felt something wrong i sideher yet the vitals says normal.