Chapter 1 - About Myself

My name is Abhirup Majumder, an 18 year old boy, and I am an artist.  I believe that everything around us is an art, not just everything, even the life we live and every breathe we take is also some kind of art to me. I know it sounds weird, but it is exactly what I feel. I never boast about my works, because I think there is a lot more to achieve, as we all know quite well that perfection has no limits. That moment you start thinking, "Man! I'm the best!"; your'e doomed. 

My life has always been a bit different than the life of any other person and I'm glad for it. I was never good at drawing right from the beginning like every other artist who are mostly born with this talent. I developed it somehow, unknowingly. This journey of mine as an artist started with scribbling on walls; the other kids of my age, according to my mother, were more attracted towards toys and cartoon shows but I was attracted towards pencils and colors and anything that you can use to put a mark. My family found it quite amusing until I started a tantrum for my drawings not being up to my satisfaction. Now, for a kid of that age drawing something perfect was next to impossible, but still I remember the anger I had when my stick like human figures wouldn't match with the details of a flesh and blood human; erasing it, I drew again, then again I found it was nothing that seemed perfect about it, I erased and drew again and this stupid thing wen't on until I started breaking my crayons and cursing myself.