1 - Losing hope

After I had rescued the Jews from the horrible Pharaoh, we had to escape

After I had rescued the Jews from the horrible Pharaoh, we had to escape. I had a vision about a sacred land called Malaysia. But first, we needed to get there. 

For weeks we've been walking through the desert. We were losing our energy and to make matters worse; we were out of water. My throat felt like sandpaper, and with each breath the pain got worse.
I knew that my people would never doubt me, I was the Awesomeness Dato Akram after all. I was the Chosen One to save the people. But... I didn't know if I believed in my self anymore. My body was so weak, and I could collapse at any moment. Knowing that I was the only hope for the people was the last strength I had. 

The sun was going down, and it became colder. "Let's set up camp" I said. We had to make a fire before it became too cold. The nights in the deserts were harsh. It was boiling hot during the day, but the moment the sun was down, it became dark and too cold to survive.  We either die because of the heat, or because of the cold.
For this reason we have lost many people, men, women, children...
I sighed and walked away from the fire, I needed a moment for myself. 

Were we ever going to make it to Malaysia? Was I worthy enough to be the leader of these people? I couldn't even protect myself properly.

As I looked at the night sky, a bright light came down. The light changed into a human shape. It was a beautiful man and he was also my lover, Darus.
"Don't ever doubt yourself, Dato Akram." He said. "These people need you. They have gone through so much but they have faith that everything will be alright, because they have you."
I got teary eyed. "But because of this, because of my plan, we have lost so many people. Perhaps I should just give up."
Darus grabbed my hands. "No, don't ever give up. These people would be dead if you didn't save them, and if you give up now they will also die. You need to remain strong and keep having faith. Everything will be alright." 
He gave me a kiss and then flew away.

The next morning I felt hope once again. Everyone else felt the same thing. I saw people smile and I heard laughter.
Everything was going to be alright, just like Darus said.