Chapter 1

Hi, I'm Miley Bloomfield, unless your talking to anyone who knows me, then I'm called Mil, you can call me that too. Let me start off with telling you I love drawing, I live for drawing, dare I saw I'm drawn to drawing. But I have one problem, the Bloomfield family tradition is the first born girl in the family has to be a doctor, and guess who is the first born girl in the family, I sadly am. Why couldn't my sister/best friend Courtney not be the first one born?
     Oh, excuse me, I am so sorry I don't know what got into me, let me back track and tell you how I first fell in love with drawing. I was seven, by the way I am eighteen right now. I was seven when my sister Courtney was born. I had to sit in the hospital for nine hours. As a seven year old that felt like five years. It was miserable, but I'm lucky my grandma, we call her mackie, brought me paper and colored pencils, and there I went, I started drawing and I could not stop, I did not want to stop. I felt more free then I ever have in my life. I don't know any other way to explain it, I just felt like myself.
     When I finally finished drawing five hours have passed that quick. I snatched another piece of paper from the notebook and began drawing again. My first picture was of a rather good, for a seven year old, horse.
     Before I could finish my second drawing, of a hot air balloon, I heard someone calling my full name. I guess I was really focused on my drawing because when I heard her call my name she seemed to be yelling it, like she had called it many times before.
    "Miley Bloomfield" I heard the doctor say.
    I went up to her and said "that's me".
     "Follow me" I went with her through the door and she said to me with a big smile "are you ready to see your little sister? She is so small and adorable, just like you, but just a tad bit smaller. But remember now because she is a new born you have to wash your hands before touching her, and you have to be very quite and gentle with her, okay?"
     "Okay, do you know her name? My mom would not tell me before she was born"
     "I'm sure that's something your mom would like to tell you. We are almost to her room," the doctor said with a big smile.
  We walking into her room and I saw my mom holding something that looked a little like a red new born panda.
     I think I should add in here I did not know what a new born panda looked like when I was seven, I thought because the baby had hair and was red, she looked like a panda.
     I went up and asked my mom if I could hold her but my mom said that the baby was like a piece of glass, she was very fragile. She told me I could hold her when they get home in only two days.
     That is why I love drawing, not only because I'm good at it but because my first time drawing was when I was in the hospital to be there for my mom when she gave birth to my best friend, my sister.