Let Go

Byakuya Togami had always been skilled at holding himself back. Even in the most desperate of situations, he could keep his cool, and even when dealing with the strongest of emotions, he kept a straight face.

His feelings for Naegi were no exception at first. He put up a good act, pretending he wasn't interested, acting like he was just another of his unimportant classmates, acting like his heart didn't skip a beat whenever Naegi spoke to him. Falling for someone so far beneath him felt so foolish, he knew he could never be with him due to his family traditions, but at the same time he just couldn't help feeling fond of him. His messy brown hair, round eyes, his optimism... It was all quite endearing, in all honesty. But like always, he could restrain himself.

It only became harder when he noticed that he had caught Naegi's eye as well. The brunette often stared at him in class (until he saw that Byakuya had noticed, he would then look away with flushed cheeks), became flustered talking to him, wanting to spend more time with him- It was obvious that he was attracted to him, and almost everyone in their class could tell, teasing him about it from time to time. Makoto wasn't very good at hiding how he felt.

Still, he had to hold back.
Until he managed to get caught up in one of his classmates games, that is.

Being trapped in this school together could be quite boring, even if it was 'for the sake of preserving hope' in the headmasters words, and it seemed tonight that most of the class had gotten together for a game of 'Seven Minutes in Heaven'. Under any other circumstances, Byakuya would've refused to participate, however when Naegi drew his name- Well, how could he say no? This may be the only chance he has to kiss him without having to reveal his true feelings. It was the perfect chance to get it out of his system... Maybe he'd be able to move on after this. He knew he could never be with him, after all, not when he had family traditions and expectations to uphold. And so, with a faked sigh of annoyance, he followed the boy into the closet.

The closet was rather dark and cramped, but he could still see Makoto, who was shyly blushing and fidgeting nervously with his sleeves. While in such close proximity, it was hard not to stare at those lips of his...

"... Y-you don't have to kiss me if you don't want to, you know. We can just wait it out..." The brunette stammered after an awkward moment of silence, though he couldn't have been any more wrong about Byakuya not wanting to kiss him. He wanted to so badly, he was just... Waiting for the right moment.

"You're right, I don't have to. I don't have to do anything that I do not wish to do- But I fully intend to play the game as it was meant to be played." The heir stated with a sigh, before moving closer, hand resting under the boys chin to tilt his head upwards. Before Makoto could say anything more, he gently kissed him, his free hand moving to his waist. The luckster was tense at first, having been taken by surprise, although he soon relaxed and pulled the taller boy closer.

It wasn't long before it became clear how much the two had been craving each other's affection, Makoto's back pressed against the wall as their kissing gradually grew more passionate. He could feel the others fingers tangling in his once neat hair, but the heir couldn't have cared less about appearances right how. No, he had become lost in the feeling of Makoto's lips pressed against his own, honestly forgetting all sense of restraint.

"T-Togami, you..." Makoto tried to say something to him, ask him if he felt the same way towards him- After all, usually you wouldn't just make out with someone you don't care for- However he was silenced with another kiss as he felt his hand run up his shirt.

And somehow, even though it had felt like they'd only been in there together for minute or so, their time ran out. The heir abruptly pulled himself away from him when he heard a knock on the closet door, straightening himself out as Sayaka opened the door and grinned at them.