The moment I realized I belong to you...

AN: Hi dears, this story is based on a Pak show- Yakeen Ka safar. I recently started watching it on Youtube and its just awesome, especially the later half when Dr. Asfi's and Dr. Zubiya's story begins. So if u haven't checked it out, do chk it out asap on YT!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He always knew that she was trouble but what he didn't know was that he would be so caught up in it all that his rock steady hands would be shivering like a flimsy paper in the wind today. Here he was doing his surgical hand wash before going into the emergency OT to assist Dr. Sheroz and all he could do was to try not to think about her and at the same time pray to God to give him strength, so that he could at least have steady hands because, after all, her very life could depend upon it!

Yes, the stubborn Dr. Zubia Khalil was the one lying in the emergency OT with two gunshot wounds, one to the liver and other to her right shoulder. The stubborn lady had gone ahead and locked horns with that devil of a man because he had hit his pregnant wife, Khajistha, doubting her of infidelity and thus doubting the paternity of his unborn child. Anyone who had sense would know that such a man who had no qualms hitting his pregnant wife to death wouldn't hesitate to attack a 3rd person, especially someone who is accusing him of attempted murder... but no, certainly not Dr. Zubia, who went straight ahead to his house to accuse him directly onto his face!

But to be fair, she did ask him for help to confront that despicable man and he had of course in his most pragmatic way informed her that there was no use confronting that fellow because such men never listen to anyone... The only way out it was if the wife herself took courage and filed a police complaint against him or if not at least leave him and go somewhere safe instead of continuing to live with a would be murderer. But as usual, Dr. Zubia didn't agree with him and kept on saying that the lady was weak willed and wouldn't do anything by herself. So he had said that then that was that lady's problem and not theirs because if that lady didn't have the courage to help herself then no one could help her... Thinking that was the end of the conversation, he had then left to attend another case hoping that she would have better sense to leave the matter alone.

But now that he thought about it, it truly was his fault because how could he ever think that she would let go of the matter so easily? It's like what Gaiti bhabi had once said totally out of the blue about her to him; she had said that she felt as if Zubia was like a kindred spirit of his big brother, Daniyal... They both just couldn't sleep at night if they knew they could help someone and didn't try their best to help them, no matter what it cost them personally...

He had never thought about it seriously at that time, but now has to agree with her observation because he now understood how helpless Gaiti bhabi must have felt when bhaiya had left to office for that last time on that fateful day... Both their loved ones cared too much about others than they ever did about themselves... That same old history was repeating itself today; just that it was Gaiti bhabi then and now it's him on the receiving end of their loved ones's misplaced altruism...

All these thoughts were running in lighting speed in Dr Asfandyar's mind but in the matter of few seconds his medical training finally came to his help and he compartmentalised his inner feelings for the person who was now his patient and steadied his hand. He then went inside the OT immediately and joined the senior doctor who was waiting for him and had thankfully already started to prep the patient for surgery.