Video Game

GAME OVER
I threw the game controller at the wall and fell back. Stupid game is impossible to win, I don't even remember why I wanted to play it in the first place.
"Mom, is diner ready!?" I yell from my bedroom. I wait for an answer, but I don't hear anything. I was about to just go back and play something else, when I heard a loud noise. My stomach.
I leave my room and head to the kitchen, on the fridge there's a note from my mom. "Dear hun, went out, be good till I get back. -Love Mom."
I open the fridge and pull out the left over pizza from last night. My mind starts to wonder as I chew the cold pizza. I try to think about where my mom could be, but my mind keeps on going back to the game I was playing a few minutes ago. I don't even remember what it's called. Actually come to think about it I don't even know what's it's about. I just played it a few minutes ago, why don't I know what it's about?
I leave my pizza and go back to my room. I look for the case, but for some reason I can't find it anywhere. It's still in the game station, right?
I press the eject button, but there's nothing there. I was just playing this, where did it go? It's not like it can just disappear. It didn't suddenly grow legs and walked away, either. Maybe I took it out before I left my room and put it somewhere else?
I start looking around my room for the game, but can't find it anywhere. I know I was playing something, I just can't remember what.
"Temperatures are going to be very low tonight so stay inside." I stop what I'm doing. Is mom home? Is she watching the news?
I make my way downstairs.
"Mom, do you know what game I bought?"
"Small changes of snow tonight." I stood there and watched the news lady speaking. If Mom wasn't watching the TV, then why was it on? Maybe she went to go get something, but her car isn't in the parking lot. Maybe, she left it on?
I pick up the remote and press the off button.
"Now to Mike for Sports."
And now the TV remote isn't working? Great.
The lights flicker and the TV goes to static. Something's going on, or maybe it's the weather outside?
I leave the remote and head back to my room. When I'm there I stand in my wall way. Did I close my bedroom door? I open my door and the lights are off. I feel around the wall where the light switch is at, but the lights won't turn on. Maybe the power is off?
"Play again." My TV turns on. "Play again." I cartoonish voice repeats. The controller is in front of the TV, and a bowl of popcorn is next to it. Did I put that there? Didn't I throw the controller? "Play again."
"Maybe some other time." I turn around ready to leave my room.
"Don't you want to see your mom again?" I stop and turn around.
"What did you say?"
"Play again." A little character pops up on the screen.
"Fuck you, you said something about my mom."
"Play again, play again, play again, play again." The voice continues to repeat the same words over and over again. At first it was a cartoonish voice, but it slowly turns dark, deep, and kinda....glitchy.
"I don't wanna play your stupid game."
"Don't you want to see your mom again." The whole screen glitches and I see my mom.
"Help, please someone help me!" She's hitting the TV screen trying to get out.
"Mom! Mom it's me, I'm right here!" I run to the TV but it she doesn't respond to me. The screen glitches again, but instead of the happy looking screen it turns black and green. I hear someone laughing, it's high, but it sounds glitchy. The TV glitches again and thus time shows my mom dead. Laying in the floor bleeding from her neck.
"Your turn!" I grab my baseball bat and smash the TV. I hear it laughing as I do. I drop the bat and move away from the TV. My hands throb. My room lights flash on and I see my walls covered in black liquid. My bedroom door closes and locks its self. I try to open it but it won't budge.
The laughing stops and the liquid stops coming from my walls. My computer starts ringing, someone most be requesting a video chat.
"Sam, thank god you're calling me. Listen call for help." I stare at the face of my best friend.
"Why, what's happening?"
"I don't know. There's something trying to kill me."
"Where are you? I can't see you." Sam gets closer to the screen.
"Sam, look I'm right here." I move closer to the computer. The computer starts to glitch and Sam's face changes. Someone with green hair, pointy hears, and a wicked smile looks back at me. They start laughing, and their face seems to be continuously glitching.
They touch the screen and smile at me, a creepy smile that scares me enough to paralyze me feet. They're hand comes out of the screen and takes a hold of my hair. I try to pull away, but he's got a death grip on me. His other hand comes out and grabs my shoulder. He starts to pull me in.
"Help! Someone help me please! Please help me!" The room fills with his laughter as the lights begin to flicker. The walls start to ooze with black liquid again, but this time it begins to form into walking blobs that surround me. I continue screaming as I being to be pulled into the computer. The black blobs pick me up and help get me in, and all I can do now is try to kick them. The last thing I remember is seeing his face. Laughing at me. Staring at me with cold, dark, evil eyes. His face, I remembered then, was on the cover of the video game I bought.