Did She Ever Exist?

Did She Ever Exist?
(Tale of a lost soul)

Sometimes some kind of probable questions disturb us, asking the probable answers. We, people sometimes take the whole life to figure out whether those questions will be answered ever or not. The same way SWARA GADODIA, the daughter of Sekhar & Shomi Gadodia had been asking a mere question throughout her 20 years of life. But others were least interested in giving her answers.

The mere question of hers was "DID SHE EVER EXIST?" True it was about her existence. She had been trying to find out the answer by herself not disturbing others.
___________________.

One more sleepless night was waiting for her. The pearls she was holding back from last an hour was falling endlessly. The existence of those pearls was felt by her cheeks and her pillow which has been a great partner wiping them whenever needed. She didn't have enough strength to think more as sleep took over her. Few memories of her childhood were flashing in front of her making her smile and vulnerable at the same time. No, that wasn't the end of the night; it was long, filled with darkness and it was endless.
___________________.

On the stormy night, Sekhar Gadodia was waiting outside the Operation theatre with his mother Parvati Gadodia and Kavita Gadodia, their daughter. Kavita was 1st child of Sekhar and Shomi. Princess of the family, Dadi Maa's gudia(Doll). Today they were waiting for the arrival of a new child. Shomi was pregnant of 9 months. Suddenly her water broke and she was brought to the hospital.

After a few minutes of their continuous prayer, they heard off the cry of a baby. "Sekhar! Thara chora! Badhai ho! Mahra pota aa gaya!(Shekhar your son! Congratulations. My grandson has arrived)" Parvati Gadodia,who had been praying from a long time was now squealing in utter joy and happiness.

"Congratulations Mr. Gadodia! You are blessed with a baby girl!" Doctor declared coming out of OT, which snatched the smile from their faces. The happiness was no more now. "Ji..ji doctor! Can I meet my wife?" Sekhar's sudden change of expression was strange. "Yeah sure!" Doctor moved out.

"Mishti!" He called out with his calm voice.

"I know Sekhar!" She said diverting her gaze to Parvati who was fuming. Kavita couldn't understand what was going on between trio who were communicating something with each other. Shomi took the baby in her lap,staring her with moist eyes. She gave a soft kiss in her forehead before placing her in Parvati's lap. The baby made a cry face,having losing the warmth of her Mother's embrace but it was noticed by none.

"Where are you taking her Dadi maa?" 5 years old innocent Kavita asked wanting to see her sister's face. Even though her family had always been saying that she would play with her brother soon but still she wanted to see her new sister. If not brother, at least sister.
_________________.

Their car stopped at the middle of their journey "Where is Dadi Maa going with the baby?" Kavita asked seeing her Dadi maa moving towards a direction taking the baby with her. The storm didn't stop, infact it took the most horrible form. The sky was screaming with thunder, wiping its tears in form of rain. Wind was trying every possible way to halt her steps but Parvati was unstoppable.

Shomi was crying while Sekhar was trying to console her. Her silent cries ceased as she fainted.

There was a knock at the door when a middle age woman opened it. She  glanced around to find who might have knocked. Her eyes landed on the baby who was kept on floor. Wasting an another second she carried the baby, complaining to God "Who is the heartless person who have kept this little life here? How can they be so ruthless?" Parvati, who was hiding behind, came out "Orphanage is the proper place for her". She went back to car,murmuring to herself.