The Party Invite

I want to take you back to the summer of 2016, where it all began: The misery, the happiness, the love and the heart break.

It was August 2016, the 17th to be exact, and Shawn had only just come back from his holiday in South Africa. All was good apart from his family still being slightly annoyed by the fact that Shawn had come out to them. They weren't angry with him because he was gay, they were just upset that they'd 'have no Grandchildren'. Anyway, the summer of 2016 was one of the main reasons why Shawn's crush, Cody, had stopped speaking to Shawn

Cody was popular and good looking. Extremely good looking. He had never fitted the 'gay stereotype', although he was gay. Nobody knew, of course. If anybody did know then he'd disowned by his family and friends and put on the same level as Shawn which was not a very appealing thought. To start with, Cody didn't even know who Shawn was until he publicly announced in assembly that he was gay. I guess you could say Cody thought he was good looking, and I guess you could say that Shawn had the biggest crush on Cody.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"His eyes, Inanna. They're so beautiful," said Shawn whilst admiring Cody from afar. Inanna had been getting sick of Shawn talking about Cody recently. She didn't like the fact that he would go on and on and on about him and never have the nerve to even approach him.

"Go and talk to him then, you're driving me crazy not doing anything about him, Shawn." Shawn couldn't talk to Cody. He was masculine, sporty and extremely good looking, which made Shawn feel as though he was definitely straight. He even had a girlfriend, Rebecca. Who, I might add, was extremely pretty too and was no match against any other girl in the school.

It was something about him, something that drove Shawn insane: His brown, fluffy hair. His blue, gorgeous eyes that Shawn always seemed to get lost in every time he makes eye contact with him, although that was very rare. His abs were also another thing that drove him crazy, too. He was the right type, and Shawnwas the wrong type. Cody was drop dead gorgeous, whereas Alex was an average looking guy. "If you don't go and talk to him then I will, and then I'll destroy any chances of you even being together," said Inanna whilst grinning mischievously.

He had to do it.

What was going to go wrong? What could go wrong? Shawn couldn't stop thinking about the possible outcomes of him talking to Cody: Fire, devastation, nudity and death... Okay, I must admit myself that Shawn had sure lost his train of thought whilst thinking about this. The half time whistle blew and Cody was off on the side on his own, squeezing the water from his bottle which he held high above his mouth just so some of it would drip down onto his golden, perfectly sculptured abs.

As Shawn approached, he began to tremble and he had no idea about what he was going to say to him. He wasn't one with the words, and he hadn't exactly been blessed by the Goddess of socialising, either. Eye contact. They were only a few feet away from each other, but Shawn had locked eye contact with him and there was no getting out of it. "Are you okay, Shawn?" said Cody with a look of pure curiosity on his face. He spoke to him. Shawn merely stood there and said nothing whilst standing like a complete and utter idiot. Finally, he plucked up the courage to actually speak to him. "Err, yes, I'm okay. I just...I just wanted to say you're really good at Football. You could be a professional when you're older," exclaimed Shawn. Silence.

"Cheers bro...listen, I'm throwing a party tonight and I was wondering if you'd wanna come? It's at 5 O'clock tonight. I hope to see you there," said Cody whilst smiling at Shawn.The smiling didn't stop for a good 15 seconds. Then, to Shawn's amazement, he gave him a quick wink and ran back onto the football pitch.

"Did...did that just happen?" said Shawn
to Inanna whilst placing both hands on his cheeks. "It sure did, now come on you, we've got a party to prepare you for."