Short Story

" Kayla, I can't wait until we get into one of those pillow feeling beds in the resort," Monty exclaimed while driving down the highway.

"I can't wait to see the ocean then lay down, we been driving all day." Kayla responded looking at Monty on her right.

"I know right, but what if I get seasick on the way to the resort," Monty replied.

"Because Tasha would have went crazy"

"Well you just going to be sick then." Kayla said while laughing.

"Say that again, and I might just push you off the ship," Monty said laughing.

"Dang I really Miss her Kay because she supposed to be with us"

"Don't play like that, dude," Kayla paused to laugh. "Come on, they boarding now." So, she can get off the subject of her.

Getting on the cruise, we didn't know it would take all day just to get checked in, but as soon as we did we were so amazed. The boat was as big as the Titanic,and we were silently hoping our boat wasn't that destructive. With excitement running through our veins, we raced to our room to observe our home for the next few days. After struggling to open the door, we burst in and immediately were breathless looking at the ocean view in our room. We raced to the opening to breathe the fresh ocean air and turned to each other. Shivering slightly, we start feeling goosebumps on our bare arms and realized the air outside the boat was unexplainable. We went to get the blankets off our beds, so we could just sit and look out the window, admiring the part of the world we had yet to see.

"Man, this is breathtaking, no wonder why thousands come here all the time." Kayla expressed while looking around with a cheshire smile.

"Dude, I know right. But forreal, what if someone falls overboard? I been thinkin' 'bout that all day" Monty blurted while laughing.

Kayla looked at Monty with a blank face trying to show her that it wasn't funny. Only thing is Kayla thought it was hilarious and was soon laughing aloud with her favorite tall person.

After all of that, we just sat in our rooms and just discussed how we expect our St. Barts experience to be, until we fell asleep. Kayla quickly woke up to the breakfast bell and was scared senseless as she hit the floor. DING! DING! DING!

"Man, I know I don't have to hear this for five nights. They wildin'. " Kayla thought to herself while getting off the floor.

She looked around the room to spot Monty sleeping like a newborn baby where Kayla remember last seeing her. After pranking Monty woke, they got ready to take in the beauty of St. Barts.

"Kayla, you look semi pretty today, who you tryna' meet?" Monty said in laughter.

"Why I gotta be semi?" Kayla said with a playful attitude.

"Because your half of me," Monty said smart.

Walking down the stairs, we noticed that the boat had already made it to St. Barts, but that didn't stop us from piling up our breakfast plate with delicious food. After stuffing our face and letting each other know the new tea of our lives, Kayla heard the same annoying bell go off. DING! DING! DING! DING!

Monty, being the drama queen that she is, heard the bells go off and she immediately thought those bells meant the boat was sinking.

"OMG! It's sinking! I knew I shouldn't of listened to you about coming on this boat! Now if we die, it's going to be your fault!" Monty yelled while freaking out.

"GIRL CALM DOWN! That's the activity bell, they about to tell us what the activities are for the day." Kayla said getting her attention.

"Oohh, okay. Girl I knew that." Monty said playing it off.