1: 10/30/17

I really don't know where to start, I suppose that the beginning might be a good place. Not the beginning of my life, I don't remember every little thing, so I wouldn't be very honest with you would I?

I guess I will start with what I was thinking and feeling last night. I was and am still reading the most amazing book I've ever read in my entire life: the origin story of the Queen of Hearts; "Heartless," by Marissa Meyer. The book is, honestly, heart breaking. It makes me so happy and sad and angry, not only about the story, but about how much I relate to it. The main character, Cath, is me to a T. If I were put in the same, or similar, situations, I can easily see myself making the decisions she made and ending up where she does if the things that happened to her, happened to me.

It got me thinking about how Cath fell in love at first sight, and how happy she was, or, would have been, rather. Which got me thinking about my parents and how they met on a blind date, got married the following year, in 1988, and are still happily married to this day.

My mom was 16 when they met. I'm 16. Cath met Jest when she was 17. My mom was 17 when she got married to my dad.

And thus, I am lead to believe that I must be doing something wrong, as I have never experienced love, nor have I ever had a boyfriend to even have a chance at love with.

I guess this is a story about the daughter of a mother and father who fell in love instantly, and ever so easily, and now struggles to find that fantasy for herself.

For life isn't a fantasy.

It also doesn't help that my father's parents are basically Cinderella and Prince Charming. Except, if I were being honest with myself, I wouldn't exactly call my grandfather charming. My grandmother however, had a true Cinderella story, in a sort that she had a wicked stepmother. However, instead of her father dying and my grandmother being left in the custody of the wicked Lilian, and her non-existent step sisters, her father left her and her mother to be with Lilian. The dreadful woman. She's still alive today! Mark my words, if I were the Queen of Hearts, she'd probably be one of the first one's to lose their heads.

But alas, I am (in reality) not. Maybe in my head, or my heart, maybe.