12. Dreams and Sad Moments✔

Alana's POV

"Alana." A soft sweet voice calls out to me and I turn in the white clouded haven. I find a beautiful woman who utterly reflects my face and I gasp.

"Mom? Am I. . . am I in heaven?" She giggles softly, sitting next to me.

"No sweetie."

"Where am I then?"

"Where ever you want to be." She smiles and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What happened to me?" Her smile dims and she grabs my hand.

"Alana. . . there will always he wickedness in this world and someone is trying to harm you."

I nod and she cups my cheek.

"Why can't I just stay here?. . with you. And where's dad? Is he here too?"

"No he isn't. You have a man. . who adores you and a successful life. Why would you want to stay here?"

"My past still haunts me. I've been through a lot. . . why did you leave me here when you had a choice to stay? Why. . why did you try to take my life?"

"Alana, you may never understand the purpose of our actions and honestly, while taking my life I was filled with regrets and second guessing, but I went with it still anyway. Never, take your life my sweet girl, it's not worth it."

"Now go. And be careful. Tell that young man how much you care about him and don't hold back. Tomorrow is never yours."

Wind begins to blow heavily and I look around me to find a tornado.

"Wait! Mom!" I yell as it sucks me up. "I love you!"

* * *

A few hours earlier
Aiden's POV

"Poison." The doctor states and I raise an eyebrow.

"Are you serious?"

"One hundred percent."

To say I was terrified when Alana blacked out on me was an understatement. She looked so pale and lifeless. I couldn't help but panicking

Who would want to poison her?

I sat by her side, playing with her fingers just. . . thinking.

She was still beautiful, even just laying on a hospital bed unconscious.

I clench my jaw thinking about what could've happened if I didn't show up on time. Would she be laying down stable right now? As soon as that thought ran through, her monitor began to beep out of control.

"Doctor! Her body is refusing the medication and sending out blood instead!" One of the nurses yell and I watch in horror as a red liquid starts flowing out of the tube that was supposed to give her the medicine.

"Nurse we'll have to take it out of her manually, quickly keep her breathing stable." The doctor ordered.

I just stand on the sides my head ringing as the monitor keeps on beeping. Two fingers down her throat, he poured a clear liquid into her mouth. A few minutes later she's coughing up some acidic substance.

"You see all those green liquid that's just swimming around in the other liquid? .  . That's the poison. She had a lot in her." The doctor says and I nod.

Her monitor doesn't slow down though, it goes faster and faster until a grim line and a prolonged beep is all you hear.

"What happened?" The nurse asks and the doctor furrowed his eyebrows at the body.

"I-I I'm not sure. We revived the poison from her just in time. . . come on use electricity." A nurse brings over the electricity thing and the others start a countdown. Everything slows down as they shot through the chest. She never bats an eyelash and I can't hold back the tears as the doctor stops them shaking his head.

"I am so sorry." I keep my jaw clenched as I grab the doctors neck.

"Do something." I demand coldly and he claws at my hand.

"I can't." He chokes, "She's dead."

"She's not dead!" I yell and I let him go upon realization of what I was doing.

"She's not dead." I whisper to myself as the first set of tears fall and I blame myself for being a sissy.

I collapse onto the chair and grip her hand.

"You're not dead are you?" I whisper hoping she'd answer but she never did. "Y'know it wasn't supposed to end like this. . . this was just supposed to be a normal day where I'd kiss you and you would yell at me for getting you all worked up. Even then when I was panicking I had hope that you'd survive and that  we would go to wherever you ate last and beat up those people who tried to hurt you. Together."

"Our story shouldn't end here. . . it had only just begun. And now I don't have you anymore." I choke out the last words, dropping my head in my hands.