Chapter 1: My Love

Her cold eyes, like knives. Her pale skin, like winter. Her heart, like ice. Her tone, like a ice cold blizzard.

She was tall with pale skin matching the snow crunching under her shoes. Her eyes, one pale ice blue while the other was a clear grayish blue. Her eyes were like icy bulletproof glass. Underneath her cold eyes was a cute button nose and a few freckles. Her pale, craggy lips smeared with some chapstick.

She wore a gray long sleeved shirt with a Captain America shield on the front and wore some comfy black adidas sweatpants. Her shoes were old and tattered black and white Nikes. Around her neck hung a beautiful choker necklace made of real diamonds and dragging down her some gold beads hung by small golden chains.

Her necklace costed more than everything she had in her closet but it was a inheritance from her mom. Everyone laughed and called her a liar when she told them it was real gold and diamonds.

She learned shortly that people were not going to believe her. I mean... How can you believe someone who has a scar from her lip to her arm? Or someone who has dangerous looking eyes like her? Or someone who doesn't dress like a millionaire?

...

But in this time as she walked, she didn't think of others rude comments or the millions of questions about her scar. She thought about what life would be like if she ran. If she ran far, far away.

She thought what it would be like running and hunting like a wolf. Feeling that breeze through her fur, the rush of adrenaline as she saw her prey and ran to kill it, and the feel of the snow underneath her paws as she ran. But also constantly watching for other predators like a mountain lion or other wolves or hunters.

The image quickly faded as she heard her name called by one her friends since childhood, Lyla.

Lyla was nothing like her. Lyla had many more friends then just her and she made them easily. She had two light brown eyes and a chubby nose. Unlike her white hair streaked with blue, Lyla had dyed curly blonde hair. Lyla also smiled a lot and was more preppy. She was also a cheerleader which explained the preppy attitude and the cheering. But she was always smiling.

"Hey Greyson!" Her eyes drifted to her childhood friend and slightly waved. Lyla skipped over to Greyson and gave her a hug. "Smile more Greyson!" Ya, no.

"Ya ya... So how are you today Lyla?" Greyson asked with her cold eyes staring into Lyla's innocent, happy eyes.

"Awesome! We're having another party at Lukas' house! You should come sometime!" Lyla smiled happily but Greyson huffed, a cold air coming from her mouth.

"No thanks Lyla. I'm not interested. I got my school work to do and I have some seasons of Arrow to rewatch." Greyson said with a straight face and Lyla sighed.

"Jack will be there!" Oh goodness... This again? Greyson groaned and rubbed her head.

"I've told ya fifty times, me and Jack are never going to date! We are just friends and that's it!" Greyson argued.

"He said he really likes you. You guys would be adorable together!" Lyla was thinking and Greyson started to walk toward the school. "How come you're not cold?" Lyla asked.

Anything beat talking about Jack. "I don't know. It's just never cold to me." Greyson answered as the two walked into the hallways.

"Hey Greyson!" A charming voice greeted from behind Greyson. She turned and saw Jack standing there in his letterman's jacket.

"Hey Jackio." Greyson greeted Jack and he blushed. Lyla smirked at Jack and he blushed deeper.

"Lyla stop torturing Jackio." Greyson stared down Lyla and Lyla pouted. Jack looked over at Greyson and his smile became genuine.