Chapter 1

The soldiers lined up side by side with their shoulders touching. Not one of them slouched nor smiled. Why you may ask? The simplest and only answer is, boot camp. Each of the soldiers lined up in the rain to show how devoted they were to training for fighting for their country.

"Attention!" The captain's voice boomed with authority and power. Judging by his appearance and strong voice, it was easy to tell that he has been doing this for years. The captain's black hair faded into gray as he loomed over the puny soldiers. He eyed each soldier carefully, walking past each one in suspicion. At least that's what the soldiers believed was. Maybe it was an emotion only displayed?
"As you all know, you have all been here for 9 months in training! Am I right soldiers?!" He beamed.

"Yes sir!" All of the voices replied in unison. Some voices were higher pitched than others, whereas the rest were deep and blunt.

"You fucktards have gone through hell, yes? You all understand the meaning of war and hell. You all understand the difference between the two yes?"

"Yes sir!"

"Let's make this interesting now shall we?" The captain questioned. All bodies stiffened at their commanding officer's question. Some eyes looked to their shoulder buddy beside them, confusion, fear, and dread hidden deep within the pools of their eyes. "I have a special guest for you all today. She will be a great addition to this year's set of cadets. I don't care if you complain, beat her up, or cuss her out due to her coming in late. On the orders of the general, she will be placed here for one thing only, discipline. Whether that's her discipline or her teaching you some discipline. I give her my full consent to teach you a lesson if needed, understand?"

For a brief moment of time, murmurs erupted throughout the set of cadets. Suddenly, muffled noises of boots coming into contact with the muddy earth arose from the air. The footsteps grew closer to the bunch of cadets. A feminine figure erupted from the shadows, startling all of those in the area. Her onyx eyes scanned each figure warily, each person flinching at her deep glare being sent their way. Black strands of hair reached slightly below her shoulders by a few centimeters. The girl's slightly pink lips stood out from her pale complexion. Her camo colored uniform and blackish brown combat boots perfectly fitted her body as she stood in front of the soldiers. The muscles and curves on her body were outlined clearly underneath her uniform, expressing the amount of time she trains per day. Back straight, her hands were behind her.

In fact, her hands were always behind her since she was walking.

"Cadets! Meet your new comrade, Kim Mijin!" Gasps and murmurs erupted from the crowd of soldiers.

"Isn't she the criminal from the North?"

"Her? You've got to be kidding me!"

"No way am I working with her."

"Comrade? More like enemy."

"As if. She is no comrade of mine."

"Why is she here? She deserves to be in jail... better yet, dead."

"Our superiors are fools to allow her to join us."

"ENOUGH!" The loud voice boomed throughout the crowd and its murmurs, causing it all to stop. The brunette smirked slightly at his tone before focusing back on the pathetic swines in front of her. "YOU WILL ALL TREAT HER AS YOU TREAT YOUR COMRADES. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!"

"Yes sir!"

"You pieces of shit will probably have your asses handed to you if you challenge her. I can tell her to not hurt you, but who am I kidding? She probably won't even listen to me anyway. So all of you fuck off before judging on what you heard from the news, you hear?" The commanding officer spoke loudly.