Chapter 1

My friend and I decided to go for a walk one night. It was a dark, starry night, with a few clouds in front of the moon. We both had flashlights and bags with food and some water, along with our phones just in case if something happens.

We went on the path that led into the woods. We were walking for about thirty minutes when the path led off to another narrow path, the one that people went down to the creek. So, we started going down that path heading towards the creek, or so we thought. We walked about five to ten minutes down the path when we stumbled across an abandoned building, but maybe it wasn't abandoned at all.

My friend and I thought the same thing, "We should go explore it," said Layla. "Yeah, we should," I said.

There were no doors, but all the windows were broken. We stayed outside for a little while when finally we both decided to go inside. It was mostly empty, for what we saw at that moment. We walked around for a little bit, and what we found was absolutely horrifying; mangled bodies, organs, and heads. We froze and we couldn't move, it was as if all the blood drained from our bodies.

The room became cold, nearly freezing. We looked at each other and ran. Tripping over ourselves to get out of there. The old brick abandoned building wasn't abandoned at all. We turned onto the main path but neither of us slowed down or even thought of looking back.

We ran out of the forest, out of the park and to my car and back to campus she phoned the police. We were terrified.