Chapter 1

Jack sat at the far right end of a table. People were talking to him left and right. All of the things they said seemed like pointless topics to him. Has he read this book? Did he hear this debate on the radio? Did you know so and so are getting married?

Jack didn't care about any of it. He was here to help with his political campaign nothing more. For the first time he didn't come with a date even though his father had been nagging for him to find a wife.

Jack had been with plenty of girls but none of the appealed to him very much. Only one had. Her name was Greta she was a German but his father made him promise to no longer see her.

He had met her whilst world war two was happening so his father worried she may be working with Nazis. He hadn't really found a girl who kept his attention.

"Hey Jack I would like you to meet someone." His friend Ben Bradlee said to him.

"I'm not in a social mood right now Ben." Jack answered.

"Sure you are I'm sure the date you don't have won't mind." Ben grinned.

Ben led Jack to another table and saw his wife Tony look wide eyes at him and her husband then shrug.

"Ok what's going on?" Jack asked

"Just stay here alright?" Ben said laughing nervously.

Jack shook his head and walked off. How weird was that? He thought to himself.

Jack grabbed a glass of wine and slumped in the corner of the room. Someone came up and stood next to him.

"Not in a social mood either?" The man asked.

"No not really." Jack laughed taking another gulp of wine.

"Well I've been trying to get a date with this girl all night and nothing. She doesn't budge." The man says shaking his head.

"Can't say I've ever had that problem." Jack responded.

"I'll make a bet with you kid. Pinpoint out the girl and if you can get a date with her I'll pay you $20 and if you can't you pay me $20." They man offered.

"Deal, Jack said shaking the guys hand. "Now who is the girl?"