My single mom

Hi! I am Nerisa. I am the only daughter of Mrs. Ana Villanueva.

She is a single mom. Whenever I introduce her and starts saying that she is a single mom, people will turn saying “ahh! She must be awarded or something!”

I got gush bumps people! Please!

 She’s not the single mom like in movies that works hard and spends lots of time working.

She’s just extraordinary and I do not understand her.

Are we close?

Definitely not!!

She would ask me simple weird questions at home like how tall I am and what’s my waistline size and I will find a way to skip the conversation.

I am used to it. I eat outside most of the time. Thanks to that freaking red fat bee food chain that always serves me instant hot foods in minutes. I figured life easy.

I decide for my own field trip, I go to mall when I feel like going and I do it like a boss as they say.

One Friday morning, I walked down the house and I saw her dancing in the garden.

What on the world does she thinks she is doing!!!! She was supposed to cook breakfast or at least check if there is warm water for bath!

Before, we are not like this. I used to be her loving daughter when I was a child. I guess it all started because of the only thing I asked her and she didn’t give it even a little consideration. I asked her if she can buy me the white crochet dress we saw in the mall. I am not a spoiled child who asks for things every time. She was able to buy a new house next our village but she can’t buy a single dress for me! How ironic!

Days turns to months and months turns to years. Nothing really change until it was December 17, 2012. It was the date I lose every piece of me. It was the day I realized how thing are really going. I saw things behind the walls. I saw flowers behind the rocks and I was devastated. Why only now!! I feel mad. I cannot even catch my breath like the way I didn’t catch her when she needs me more than anyone else.

Sorry my dear.

Sorry if I always dance in the morning and I know you don’t like it. I just want to see myself moving and living. I just wish I can prepare your water for bathing every morning but my skin don’t feel anything. They are numb and getting worst. It is easy for me to get burns and cuts. I spend time making your crochet dress so I needed to protect my hands because I wanted to finish it before that time comes. I am sorry I was not able to buy you the dress. I spend a lot of money for my treatment. By the way, this house will be the bank’s property because I ran out of money while on treatment but I was lucky to hide that one house I just bought recently if you can remember. I named it after you my dear. Please live your life to the fullest and never look back. Lovingly, your single mom: Ana Villanueva

My mom is in the hospital now. She has to stay there throughout her life. She cannot talk, she cannot move and cannot hear. They say that she was critical and she needs all the support she can have. And I will give it to her no matter what!