Chapter 1

A/N: Hello hello! So this is the second the 1975 story I'm publishing (first is kind of part of this *hinthint*) but the first with multiple chapters and I'm a bit nervous but also very excited! I just wanted something gangster-ish and couldn't find one anywhere (please do correct me if I'm wrong and link me to a good story thanks) so I decided, fuck it, I'm writing one of my own. So here it is.
Read it, enjoy, and tell me what you think of it. Vote and comment and all that, I really appreciate that.

Love xxx

"Matty! Long time no see," Tony greets as he walks into the room and behind his desk. "What brings you here?" he asks when he's taken a seat.

Matty nervously rubs at the back of his neck as nerves make his stomach clench, and takes a deep breath before answering carefully.

"I'm quite in trouble, Tony. I need your help."

"Of course," he nods, "Anything for an old friend!" Tony flashes him a toothy grin that sends shivers down his spine more than managing to reassure him that he has eventually found the help he's been seeking.

Matty stands there all too aware of the two muscular men standing about six feet away behind him, opening and closing his mouth as he attempts to voice his thoughts in a way that'll make the situation bend more in his favor.

"Go on then," the mob pushes, now leaning back comfortably in his leather chair.

"I-" Matty clears his throat, "I'm going to need money," Matty blurts out, shakily wiping over his brow where he can feel a thin layer of sweat forming. Must be the temperature of Tony's office, he reasons, because the last thing he needs right now is to completely lose his shit and have this blow over in his face before it's even started.

"How much?" Tony deadpans.

"Thirty grand," Matty replies quietly and hears Tony's humourless low laugh as he holds his lit cigar between his teeth.

"I can help you, Matty – you know I will. But I'll need some help myself." Tony quirks one bushy eyebrow, making Matty shift uncomfortably under his scrutinizing gaze and nod stiffly.

When Tony doesn't continue Matty asks "What do I have to do?" feeling defeated and humiliated for having turned to Tony again after years.

"Oh, nothing you haven't done before," he says with a glint of smugness in his eyes, wallowing in the smaller man's obvious discomfort. "Deliveries," he adds just to watch him squirm.

Matty knew this was coming but can't help the shaky breath that escapes his chapped lips, giving Tony what he wants.

"C'mon boy! It's a hundred thousand pounds we're talking about here! I profit without much trouble and you can of course have your share of it," Tony offers with a smirk, exhaling smoke. ''So what'd you think?''

Matty knows he could take double the amount of money he needs if he plays this game right but at the same time he is aware the older man doesn't have this in mind when he talks about his 'share' in this particular situation. He closes his eyes and takes in a sharp intake of air as his heart jumps excitedly at the words and, God, he knows this is so wrong but Matty is greedy, so when Tony chuckles his knowing laugh he doesn't say a word to correct his assumption.

"I guess it's a deal then!" Tony claps his hands, standing from his seat and extending his hand towards Matty.

"Yes," Matty agrees, his voice coming out much too quiet and gruff for his liking, and his cold clammy hand briefly shakes Tony's large one while trying to not look as petrified as he is when he sees the grin on the man's face.