Those Tears Can Be Exceptions

There is a negative connotation that accompanies crying and welling up with emotions. When we cry we feel embarrassed and disconnected because often we are upset and afraid to embrace our natural emotions. I feel it is just fine to cry and let out the energy accompanying despair but I really, never in my life want to see you there in a state of harm. I want to put my arms around you and allow you to cry on my shoulder but also, what I really want is something much harder to come by.

I want you never to cry or feel upset because you are so accepting, kind, lovely and mindful of others who most deserve your attention. There will be times when your joy and happiness expand faster than the speed of light and more violently than the eruption of a volcano and that's just fine, those tears can be exceptions. I want you to cry when you feel overjoyed at least because I never want you to hide who you really are or what you really feel and I want you to feel happy every moment that this life has to offer.

I know it's unrealistic to never be upset because existence, being as realistic as it is, is filled with this sense of impending doom. You have to release your tears in the way trees must let go of their leaves when the sun stops sharing its rays with them. We all have a time limit and a limit of pain that we can endure, but what I am hoping is that you are better able to cope with the stress of it all with me, the mess of a person that I am, by your side through any sort of trial or test of character. I will hold myself together for you because I know that I can make you happy and I know I can help you to fight negativity with the ability for immense emotional capacity that I have and that I call love.

Up until this point people would ask what me what I wanted and I would say I don't know, although now, because of you, I do know what I want and don't want. I want you, and I want you to be happy, and I don't want you to feel invisible, and I want to know everything about you, and I want you to express who you really are, and I never want you to cry from having to feel such despair. This much I know and this is what I have realized I actually want for once because I can make decisions thanks to you giving me desires and hopes.

Shed tears from joy and I will rejoice in knowing that life has a way of reviving us, making us stay even through such dismay and lack of brightness. Linked through some sort of fate it can be seen with great clarity, never having been so obvious or desirable.

This feels like this is it. And I hope that for you there will come a time when you no longer have to shed tears because I will have taken your hand and pulled you away from the fray and frightening play you find yourself not being able to put a stop to. I will find a way to deconstruct it with you so the despair can stop right there in its tracks. It's not impossible by any means and I refuse to accept that I cannot use my best abilities and highest moral standards to stand for something worth breaking my legs for. Just hold back a few of those tears for me because I believe in you and I think the world of you and I hate when you cry so please try to find what helps you feel overjoyed and never bury it under the stress dealt to you through meaningless injury. Hold it up high above the plaguing disease and I will help you hold it there with ease so that you don't have to cry unless you're just too happy.