Ch.1 Different in a good way

*Ivy's perspective*
"Ivy, it's time to get up,  breakfast is ready" I hear my mother call from downstairs. Even though it was Saturday I still couldn't sleep in until 1 pm. Picking myself up and placing my glasses on I began to head downstairs. Just as I do so I trip on my history book and fall to the ground.

"Why didn't I clean my room yesterday?" Beginning to stand I notice the mess of drawings and school work I had on the floor, mom would kill me if she saw this. Lifting my hands up as a green light forms in my hand I begin to put things into place. "The only thing telekinesis is good for is cleaning up a messy room". After everything is cleaned up I head downstairs to the kitchen where mom was. She had already fixed me something to eat, eggs, bacon, grits and some toast.

"Honey, you know you can't sleep in like that, you need to produce," Mom tells me as I begin to eat. "Mom there's no need for me to be productive on a Saturday," I say with an exhausted look on my face. I began to eat my breakfast starting with the bacon I watch mom clean up the living room and dust some things off. She took a seat in the chair next to her and start going through some old family photos. Just as I dug into the eggs she began to speak when she came to certain photos.

"This was when we took our family trip to the Americas, you were only four at the time," she says with a smile on her face." I remember this one, your father had taken you to the amusement park when you were six" she continues smiling from ear to ear.
Going through each photo individually it made me question a lot of things about my dad. He left when I was eight and I haven't seen him since. Every time I ask my mom about it she says he's on a very important business trip, but she was clearly hiding something or she just didn't know.

"Mom can I ask you something and I want you to be honest with me" I begin to say as she frays her attention from the photos.

"Yes, dear?". "Where's dad? I mean he never comes to visit and a business trip can't possibly take 8 years, he must be somewhere else other than he says..." I say before I'm cut off by her. "Ivy I've told you many times he's job is very important even if it means spending some time away from home," she says. I try to hide it the fact I was upset, but it was very difficult. I wanted to see him and learn about him and maybe myself and what else I'm capable of doing. Facing reality was hard, but I had a bad feeling he left because of me.

"There's no need to worry Ivy he'll be back soon," she says giving me reconciliation of faith. Finishing up my breakfast I place my plate in the sink and walk up to my room to grab my bag placing my sketchbook and some colored pencils in there along with my phone and a jacket. "I'm going out for a bit I'll be back soon" I announce so Mom would be aware. "Ok dinner will be ready by the time you get back," she says waving goodbye as I rush out the door.

Walking down the sidewalk leaving my house I began to think to myself, why do I have this power? Having telekinesis can be pretty cool but what's the use? I'm still different from everyone else. What about my other abilities Astral projection and vision? I don't even know what they do and don't wanna find out, they'd make things even worse. They're people in the world with disabilities and they're different, but they're treated differently at times. Am I the same? If people knew about me would they fear or dislike me? Many thoughts swarmed through my head like a beehive. I continue walking, making my way down a path to the forest. Looking around trying to find a place to sit I find an unoccupied stump and take a seat. Pulling out my sketchbook I began to sketch the basic features of the forest. From the trees, sky, and even the delicate animals.