Chapter 1

"Miah, Come On Let's Go. Its Time For Us To Go. You Wanna Come With Mommy To The Studio Or Go To Grandma's House?"

My Four Year Old Daughter Aumiah (Pronounced Ah-Miah) Came Running Down The Stairs With Her Soft Black Curls Bouncing Alongs Her Back. She Had Dressed Herself In Some Light Blue Denim Skinny Jeans, A White Baby Doll T-Shirt, And Her Gamma Blue 11s. What Can I Say My Baby Girl Has Swag.

"Studio Please," She Replied In Response To My Question. I Quickly Grabbed My Car Keys And Grabbed Her Hand While Walking Out The Door. My Candy Apple Red Porshe Sat Gleaming In The Driveway. I Buckled Miah In Her Princess Tiana Booster Seat And Started The Drive To The Studio. Turning On The Radio, I Chose A Random Station And The Song "Daddy's Little Girl" By Frankie J. Came On. 

"He Drops His Suitcase By The Door

She Knows Her Daddy Wont Be Back Anymore

She Drags Her Feet Across The Floor

Trynna Hold Back Time & Keep Him Holding On

She Says Daddy Daddy Dont Leave

I'll Do Anything To Keep You 

Right Here With Me

Can't You See How Much I Need You"

I Quickly Turned Off The Radio Once I Heard Sniffling. I Turned Around To See My Daughter Trying To Hold Back Her Tears. Damn It! I Parked The Car In The Studio Parking Lot & Climbed In The Back Seat With My Daughter. I Consoled Her & She Fell Asleep. I Guess You're Wondering What Happened To Miah's Father. Well I Was 18 When I Got Pregnant. We Were High School Sweethearts & Everyone Thought That We Would Last Forever. Unfortunately As We All Know, Nothing Lasts Forever...  Well, When I Told Him I Was Pregnant He Accused Me Of Cheating & Said That It Wasn't His Baby. I Was Heartbroken & In Shock. I Mean After All I've Only Ever Been With Him. Pretty Soon He Turned Into A Big Player. I Graduated & Moved To L.A. I Haven't Seen Him Since. I Did Hear That He Landed Himself A Record Deal. I Was Actually Proud Of Him Despite What We Went Through. It Was Always His Dream To Be A Singer. Its Good That He Was Actually Able To Make It Happen. Luckily, I Landed A Record Deal Myself With Young Money Records. I Carried My Baby Into The Studio. I Greeted My Best Friend Cameren Or Ace As I Call Him.

"Wassupp Miss Lady?"

"Hey Ugly."

"Aww Look At My Lil My My Bear. What You Trynna Record Today?"

"Um I Wanna Do A Remix Of Marvin's Room."

"Okay So Get Your Lil Sexy Ass In The Booth. Oh By The Way Someone Will Be Dropping By The Studio Soon. Just Wanna Let You Know."

"Aight Its Cool, You Know I Like Meeting New People Babe. Before We Begin I Want You To Put This Phone Call In The Beginning. Its One Of Me & HIS Old Calls..."

"No Problem, I Got You," He Says Giving Me A Peck On The Lips.

My Friendship With Ace Is Very Weird. We Flirt Around A LOT. Yet, We'd Never Cross That Line. He's Always There When I Need Him. Ace Was One Of The First People I Met When I Moved Down Here. He's Been Like My Rock Ever Since. Hell, He Even Signed Aumiah's Birth Certificate. he Gladly Gave Her His Last Name, Taylor.

 I Don't Know What I Would Do Without Him. I Walked In The Booth And Nodded For Ace To Drop The Beat. Bopping My Head, I Took A Deep Breath & Closed My Eyes Before Beginning To Sing.