Logaan

Wind whistled through the trees in the night, the sound of elk and small forest creatures were all that any man could hear for miles. This forest hadn't been touched for centuries, protected by the pack that inhabited the land. The Kumori pack had settled these lands centuries before present day and their traditions were strict and kept together. 

Logaan panted as he watched the pair of hunters walking through the dense trees, his golden eyes gleaming as he watched them. He was the Delta of his pack, son of the Alpha, it was his job to keep the territory safe and watch the edges to make sure no man would come to settle in the fertile forest. Most of the people who would come were men, and a disgrace to the land. A low growl came to his chest as he follwed quietly is dark coat keeping his hidden well. The two men conversed as they looked around, hoping to find some form of game. Logaan knew they were no where near the game sites and he quickly made action to turn them around. He leapt out of the brush, bearing his teeth and snarling. He towered the men, being a good six to seven foot tall wolf. He gave out a loud roar as the turn, running as fast as the snow would let them. A small chuckle came as Logan turned; His brother. "Alatekk, what are you doing out here? Dad told you stay by the den sites," 

"Oh relax Logaan, like anyones going to come and get us?" His tone was sarcasstic and sassy, as the brother he was. 

"Well, I be sure to let them get you first, that sound good?" He growled, snapping at his neck. He rolled his shoulders, turning towards the den site location and trotted quietly and lightly."Come on, mom is probably waiting, I heard word of the other Delta's bringing elk back," Alatekk's ears perked forward and his tail wagging as he followed along side his older brother. 

It was to be a life changing event within a short few days, as the ceremony for Logaan to becom Pack Alpha was at hand. But little did anyone know that what was to happen, was going to be life changing for them all.