Entry One

Dear Diary,

Today I decided to head to the coffee shop on the corner to do some writing. Its my favorite one in the whole town. Its so homey and familiar with the worn wooden booths and the ugly coffee beaned patterned mug coasters. The mixture of smells is amazing; hazelnut, fresh roasted coffee, vanilla, and nutmeg all mixed together and wafting through the air.

Anyway, I bundled up in my coat and favorite flannel scarf and headed to the coffee shop. The snow blew around me in flurries and I struggled to see. I clumped along the sidewalk to the crosswalk across from the coffee shop. Just as I passed the last building before the cross walk, someone came around the corner. His hood was up and his head was down, trying to avoid the snowflakes flying into his face with a vengeance. He wasn't looking and walked right into me making me trip and fall.

"Omigosh, are you okay?" he asked extending a hand. I took it and pulled myself up.

"Don't worry about it. I should have been watching where I was going." I replied with a small laugh.

"Still, I'm really sorry because it was totally my fault. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

"No, its totally okay." I replied. "I'm just heading to Meg's coffee shop."

"What a coincidence," he smiled. "I'm actually headed there myself. I'll buy you a drink."

"Really, you don't have to," I insisted." But he was already crossing the street toward Meg's so I rushed to catch up to him. He held the door for me as we went in and walked up to the counter. I inhaled deeply, the familiar smells were comforting. After asking what I wanted he ordered vanilla chai tea for me and a latte for him. After grabbing our drinks, we sat in a booth in the corner.

"I'm Dylan by the way," he said after taking a sip of his drink.

I gave him a slight smile because I'm pretty shy. "I'm Blaire."

"Nice to meet you, Blaire," he winked. "What brings you too Meg's?"

" It's my favorite coffee shop. It's kind of like my second home because I spend so much time here. I was feeling like doing some writing and I come here to do it. It's almost like the place gives me inspiration to write." He nodded.

"I know what you mean. The place has such a homey, comforting feel to it. I come here when I need to do serious thinking, I get better inspiration here then home," he chuckled.

"I cant believe we both have the same favorite place," I leaned back and took a sip of my drink. The aroma of vanilla curled out of the top and I breathed in the amazing smell. "There's hardly ever anyone in here. When there is, its mostly older people reading the newspaper and drinking their morning coffee or getting the soup special for lunch,."

"Well, now you know you're not the only one," he smiles. "In fact, I think it would be fun if we met up here again. You're a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind hanging out with you again." I stayed quiet as I contemplated a response. I must have been silent too long because he added hastily "I'm sorry, I'm probably being way too pushy and I just met you."

"No,no!" I exclaimed. This was actually a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind meeting you for coffee or something again sometime." We exchanged numbers and I decided to leave without doing any writing.

Because, diary, I'm smiling really big and I'm happy for the first time in a long time And the reason? His name is Dylan.

                                                                         ************************

 please vote and comment! I could really use some feedback and opinions :)