Prologue

I wake up. The room is dim. I throw my legs over the side of my bed. A yawn escaped my lips.

"Bree! You're gunna be late for school!" My mom shouted.

I get up and put my clothes on a black pair of jeans and a baby blue tee shirt. Today is the day. I'm going to sit by him.

The French boy. I exit my room to see my mom smiling. I brush pass her leaving the house without saying goodbye.

I'll apologise after school. I wait for the bus. It's arrived at 6:49 on the dot. I hop on and head towards the back.

I see him glance my way. My heart is beating fast. The bus jerks forward. I fall onto the ground.

A hand reaches out to me. I look up to see him. I grab his hand and mumble "Thanks"

"No problem miss." His accent made my heart flutter.

"Bree. Well I mean. I'm Brianna.
You can call me Bree." I was just spewing words.

"I'm-" He was cut off. The wheels were squealing to stop the bus. The bus swooshed to the side still trying to stop. Rookie mistake. That can flip the bus. It did. Crash.

"Seven minutes Bree" A voice told me.

I'm transparent. I see a small girl. She has ginger hair just like me. There's my mom. Wait is that...me?

"Bree, careful you might get hurt." A stronger manly voice is heard. Dad! I run towards him. I reach my arms out to hug him. I go right through him. I feel tears go to my eyes. I'm just a ghost.

"daidí!" My high pitch voice screamed jumping off the counter falling onto my arm.

"báire! Are you alright?" My mom shouts. My dad picks me up.

"My poor little girl" He grabs an ice pack from the freezer.

The scene changed. Now I look about eight. I was sitting crying on my bed. "Daidí left us. Mom and I are all alone now. What am I going to do Snuggles." I picked up my stuff animal.

"4 minutes." The voice called.

First day of high school. The bus. Oh god. I remember him smiling at me as I got on. I remember my face turning beat red. 

I saw him laugh and look at another boy both making a joke.

"She's waking up. She's fine. Alright easy" I woman said when I finally opened my eyes. A white room. With hundreds of beds.

"W-where am I?" I ask

"Why dear you are in Afterlife Land."