Library Choas

"Romeo and Juliet", I whisper to myself. I hate it. The story is crap and I fell asleep everytime we had to read it freshman year. I hate most stories dealing with romance. It doesn't exist in real time. Nothing really does. I place the book back in its place before moving on. I glide my fingers across the books and they all seem terribly boring.
"Moby Dick", I say and toss the book aside. I shove my hands in my pockets and walk down the aisles. I must be in the wrong section if I keep finding weird, annoying books. I need something with some adventure or perhaps sex. Sex isn't that bad. I turn the corner and immediately stop in my tracks. I see a girl stacking books on the shelf. She's not to short and not to tall. Just in the middle. Her hair is like a mane. A cute mane tho' not those crazy ones they make models wear. What catches my eyes is her sweater. It's like a mustard yellow color. Really bright and eye-opening. I quietly approach her and wait. For about three minutes she doesn't notice me. I guess I have to engage.
"Excuse me", I say loud and clear, she doesn't answer.
Is she ignoring me? Do I stink? Is she death? Is she even real?
I tap her shoulder and she quickly looks up at me. Yellow sweater reaches for her ear and takes a earbud out.
So I don't stink, she's not death, and the best of all she's real. I exhale and wait again.
"I'm sorry, I didn't even notice you", she chuckles.
I can tell she's nervous, but why?
"That's alright. I thought you were ignoring me for a second. I didn't notice the earbuds", I explain.
She chuckles again and leans her hand on the stack of books.
"So how can i-"
Suddenly the stack of books falls and she quickly bends down to pick them up. Of course I help her. I mean one clumsy person by tthemself can cause some chaos. You know those moments were the two people are picking up something and they suddenly reach for the same thing. Then they locks eyes and love is all up in the air. This isn't one of those moments. As a matter of fact she doesn't even look at me. Once we both finish picking up the mess she takes the book from me and smiles.
"Thank you", she says and starts to stack again.
"I need help finding a book", I repeat.
"Right...ummm what genre are you interested in?"
I scratch my head and shrug my shoulders.
"I don't know."
She bites her lip and starts to tilt her head. I do the same mimicking her actions.
"Do you have anything in mind?"
"Well I think I do. Follow me", she says gesturing her hand. I follow her a couple aisles down before we reach our destination. She pulls a book out and lays it out before me.
I take the book out of her hands and read the cover.
"Paper Towns."
"Yeah it's by John Green. He's like really awesome. My favorite author."
I look at the huge, red pin on the front and skim through the book. I give it back to her and smile.
"Yeah, I'm good. Thanks for trying", I say and brush past her. I can hear her mouth drop to the floor.
"Are you serious", she scorns. I turn around and lift my hands up.
"What I don't want to read it. Like come on. Look at it."
"Has anyone been told you not to judge a book by its cover."
"Yes, many people have told me, but from the looks of it that book looks boring. That's the truth."
"That's a lie. You didn't even read it yet. Trust me the book is good."
My eyes wince as she crosses her arms.
"Okay fine. But if you go on a date with me...I'll read the book. If it's really that good."
"Your bluffing", she smiles.
"Did I studder ", I say.
"Fine, but make sure to have me home by 8 o'clock sharp."
I nod and smile.
"Fine", I agree and shake her hand. She hands me the book and turns to walk away.
"I didn't catch your name", I remind her.
"Jamie Smith", she says.
"Jackson...Jackson Wild."