•Namjoon X Ailee•

WARNING: SUICIDE (If you are sensitive to suicidal topics, I recommend not to read)

Namjoon POV

I drove on the highway with small snowflakes gently falling onto the glass right in front of me. The trees bare only covered with white powder.

Winter.

I always loved winter until my dad passing. Every year we would trade presents on Christmas Day with Christmas music softly blaring through the speaker. The room would be filled with smells: the pine from the tree mixing with the ginger bread that was baking in the oven. Everything was perfect.

Perfect.

But that was in the past. Now my life is the opposite. My step dad abuses me, hitting and slapping me with belts, wooden bats, and almost one time with a knife. Luckily I dodged it with my skills that I have never knew I had.

The winter night was eerie, almost no cars drove past me. It was 2:09 am, the time when my dad passed away.

2:09.

My heart was racing, my hands started to sweat, I had no control over myself. It felt as if I was going crazy. I wanted to die. I slammed hard on the brakes, my head was pounding like hammers banging nails into wood.

What am I doing?

I shouldn't be out here at this time but it was my only escape from my "family".

I needed help, but there was no one I could go to.

•••

"Ailee!" I said as soon as she opened the door to her house. Unlike mine, her family welcomed me anytime. They always wondered why I would never let them meet my parents, they had no idea.

"I missed you!" My girlfriend, Ailee, said. I picked her up and spun her around.

She led me to her room and I sprawl myself on her bed. She came and sat next to me, lightly kissing my cheek.

"Stressed out?" She asks. I nod and return a quick peck on her lips. She was taken aback from my action but smiled.

"Let me help," She hugged me which surprisingly made me feel better.

We hugged while not saying anything. It was the most relaxing I had ever felt in my life. I forgot about my step father for a second until I remembered something.

"Oh sh*t, I need to go home. I'm so sorry. My mom said I had to be home before 6 o'clock." I rushed out of her house not forgetting a goodbye kiss.

"I'll text you later, I love you!" She called out after me.

I ran as fast as I could. If I didn't make it on time, I can't even imagine what he would do to me. Last time he choked me for not arriving on time from my friend, Jin, house.

I cracked open the door, trying to be quiet enough so that he wouldn't know I was late. No such luck because he was standing right in front of me.

"You're late. Again." He says angrily.

"I'm sorry," I hang my head down.

"I told you last time and you disobey my words? Tsk tsk tsk. You are a disgrace to be even living in here." He pulls me by my collar upstairs to the attic. It's my second home since I hardly ever use my own room.