Return To Konoha

*** All From Sakura's P.O.V.

   Five years have passed since Sasuke has left Konoha. The village has gone on as if he never exsisted. Naruto and myself have pushed Sasuke into the back of our minds simply to keep from insanity. We pushed both our physical and mental states to exhaustion trying to bring him back. Some things are just not meant to happen, it cannot be forced. We decided to focus on growing stronger so that maybe one day we may be able to fight along side one another again some day. That day would come sooner than expected...

I had woken up to a knock on my window. I quickly hid beside the frame of the glass and peeked out. I saw that it was an Anbu sent to deliever a message. I Swiftly opened the window and grabbed the scroll he was carrying. It read "Report to the Hokage at once". "I wonder what this could be about" I thought. I dressed and made way to Tsunade's office. I entered only to be greeted by Naruto and.... Sasuke.? "Tsunade-sama ..? What is this?"
"Sakura, It seems that Sasuke has return to the village of his own free will." said Tsunade.
"Yea Sakura , Isn't that great.?" said Naruto. I was at a loss for words staring to his eyes... The man who had broken my heart countless times. He had grown to be even more handsome than I'd imagine. I suppose I should have been happy to see him back, but I wasn't. Rage filled my mind as I wondered why now..? Why would he come back after all the hell he put us through.? I would not accept him. I would not allow him anymore chance to break what I have already healed with time. "Nice to see you are back Sasuke but if that is all Tsunade-sama, I will be going now." With that, I was gone.

I returned to my small apartment no more than ten minutes later. A large part of me desperately wanted to cry, to let out all my frustration. I could not waste anymore tears on him though. I had done that for far too long. I had trained hard to be able to become strong. I did not want to be seen as weak once again. I had something to prove. I would show him just what he made me become in his absence. I would be strong and show the world what I had accomplished over the years. I would not let the return of Sasuke revert me back to a weakling.