Part 1

• Dedicated to everyone who has struggled with identity

Part One

(Please vote to let me know you guys actually like it, thank you!)

Sex: identified male, Hair: short black curly, Race: Brujan, Height: 5' 9, Build: 150-160 pounds, Aged: 17, Name: Destrey Oswin, Wanted: Alive, Crime: wanted for the voluntary manslaughter of Niko Oswin. Can be seen as volatile, remain cautious, call your local police with any tips or siting of him at 1599.

"Remember Ena, we're here for a black dress or pant suit if that's what you want. Either way, it must be black."

Right.

They continued down the street, carts zooming in thirty different directions, each missing each other by only the slightest degree in difference. Despite the chill in the air, the smell of warmth that wafted out of the restaurants as they passed them by hit her core and flattened the goose bumps on her arms. As she passed by the storefronts painted in reds and browns and crunched on the leaves lucky enough to be placed under her boot, she waved at the drivers as they rattled by.

"Ena! How are ya!" Amadeus called from his tiny bake shop scooter, his knobby knees making a bigger clang than the clunky engine.

"Fine and yourself?" She called with a hand in the air, waving him off.

"Ena! Looking ravishing as ever, doll!" Cindy, the perfume shop owners daughter, a ditzy girl, but brighter than most others.

"Ay, and yourself!" She bellowed, giving a slight nod and an exaggerated eyebrow lift, tipping it off with a smile.

Next to her, her mother, Melissant, followed suite, raising a hand to the seniors that played cards on the stoop of the brown building every afternoon. Passing a glance to the wine stores' window displays and slightly nodding and smiling to the street sweeper that had a curve in his spine from the endless hours put into the job.

The familiar chipping white doorframe came into view. She pulled the worn out brass knob and heard the broken bell chime. Her mother stepped in behind her. Ena unbuttoned her coat, letting the flurry of blues and greens fall onto the same creaky wooden chair. The large pane of glass behind it was splattered now in tiny drops of rain. Great.

"Ena! Melissant! Welcome back, welcome back. We've just received some absolutely exquisite fabrics from Talmus. Stunning! Stunning!" Mr. Dunkin exasperated with a plethora of different hand motions and facial movements. His bushy mustache twitching with every syllable.

"Wonderful! Have you got any gold in?" Ena said clasping her hands, her eyes going foggy with the thought of a golden floor length ensemble. Black

"We are here for a bl-" Melissant was cut off.

"Black, we're here for black, a black one piece suit." Ena cut in, with eye squinting, as if Mr. Dunkin was the one who suggested the gold.

"Black! Of course! But a suit? Is this for a new lucky fellow?"

"For me and I want it fitted tight." Ena answered. Melissant stood behind her daughter with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course! For you! Follow Nadia, she'll take your measurements. It has been a while since you've been here my dear-" Melissant's lip twitched. "so new measurements must be taken at once!" His bushy mustache flicking in a different directions. "Nadia!"

From behind the heavy maroon curtains did a very red flower appear.

"Right this way." Nadia gestured with her eyes and a slight smile. Ena disappeared behind the heavy maroon curtains and already she could hear those familiar murmurs between Mr. Dunkin and her mother. Again.