chapter 1

Alice's POV

Footsteps echoed as I walked on the silent corridors of our hall. Everyone was also busy heading towards their individual office. They can't help but stare nor take a glimpse of me as I pass by. who wouldn't? If they only see my curves and half of my face.

I was wearing my black sando pairing it with leggings and combat shoes. My face was half covered with a leather mask. Keeping myself masked for almost a year makes them yearn to know me more and my appearance. They know nothing about me except my byname- Third and the fact that I'm one of the Underhand's Leads.

Underhand is made up of manslayers. Top ruled this community for almost a year. As far as I remembered before I got here, Top assassinated my parents and saved me from the hell i'm living. I wasn't sorry nor did I mourned their deaths.
They deserve it for the damage they've done- being involved in black market negotiations and even drug dealings; Money was the center of their life that they even forgot to care about me. I shook my head as I shrugged off the flashbacks replaying in my mind.

I reached my office and was welcomed by the sweet scents of donuts and a man sitting on top of my desk. He seems to enjoy his snacks that he didn't notice me standing near the door. I faked cough and finally caught his attention.

"what's up Third? Want some?" Top asked while smiling. I nod and took a bite.

He's pretty old to act like a kid. Probably he's 20, I guess? He is the boss of the bosses; Ranked the highest in terms of deftness and intelligence. He gives certain missions in every manslayer depending on their skills and capability.
"What are those?" I asked as I spot few folders on his left hand.

"Just some missions, have you known someone named Terry Chaves?" And it did ring a bell. As far as I remember, Terry was Lanz's english teacher.

"yup! what about her?"

"She's your next prey." I gave him a questioned look. Who would ever dare to request Terry Chaves' death? I asked Top about the client's identity. And what came out from his mouth made me stoned from where I was standing.

"Lanz Raven"