The Speakeasy of Atlanta-Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Toby Everett sat in the pub, his eyes fixated on the monster of a man who lingered in a corner. The spy was given information that the monster was a dealer of the biggest speakeasy in Atlanta, Johnny's Grove. Seth Johnson. Toby's mission was to befriend him and work for him in the speakeasy and gather information about the supplier; who he was, where he got his supplies from, that sort of stuff. This would be able to bring down the retched place and be regarded as the best spy the agency had. The thought made Toby smile.

Toby's gaze drifted to the clock. 10:30 pm. Where was the contact who was supposed to meet Seth? When Toby overheard the conversation, Seth and his contact had decided to meet at Louie's Pub at 10;15 pm. Toby was growing frustrated. It didnt help that it felt so humid in the god-damn pub. The shirt he was wearing stuck to him like second skin. It also didnt help that the pot-bellied, old man was smoking right into his face. Toby revolted from the sickly scent and mentally cursed him. In hopes to refreshen himself, Toby took a large gulp of his non-alcoholic drink. It would be impossible to drink an alcoholic beverage in public; after all it was the prohibition era- where anything alcoholic was banned. Also, it wouldnt do to get drunk on such a vital mission.

Johnson's phone rang. Seth leaned forward, hoping to catch a word of the conversation. The attempt turned out to be pointless as the constant bickering of the surrounding people were so loud. Suddenly, the monster stood up and walked out of the warm pub. Toby, not wanting the dealer to grow suspicious that he was being followed, waited for a few seconds before slipping out quietly and unnoticed. He was anxious to get away from the pot-bellied man with the smoking addiction and into fresh air.

Unfortunately, it was raining outside. Hard. Toby sighed- just his luck. He trailed after Johnson slowly for 5 minutes. He kept his head down as he passed some rough looking men harrassing a woman. In other situations, he would jump in and defend her, but his whole future depended on Seth Johnson, who was getting further away from Toby. Toby jogged and apruptly halted. Seth Johnson slipped into a well-maintained, picture perfect house. He waited till Seth closed the door, ran up, and peered into the key-hole...

- A/N: Hey! I'm Subrina. Plz tell me if you enjoy the story so far and sorry for the typos