[KHR FanFic] - Drunken Night

He was nervous. No, he was worried. To sum it up, he was worried and nervous. He sighed, though he did it softly. Sawada Tsunayoshi looked around the room, surrounded by familiar faces. It was Hibari Kyouya's birthday party, the Vongola Cloud Guardian. Although his birthday was on the 5th of May, due to Hibari's tight schedule, the party was delayed till today. Everyone was there. Sasagawa Ryohei, the Sun Guardian was already taking out the sake, though his sister, Sasagawa Kyoko, stopped him. Tsuna figured that the party just started and the younger members of the party, I-pin and Lambo the Vongola Thunder Guardian, who were under aged, were still enjoying the party. The reason he was so nervous was because of birthday boy himself. Hibari Kyouya was known to hate large crowds, and prefers to be alone. Even when he already turned 25, that trait of his never died out. The only change in him is that he is able to talk to two people at a time rather than in a group without giving them a death glare.

While he sipped the fruit juice (though Ryohei suggested to spike it with alcohol but was denied by Kyoko), he glimpsed a whip of chestnut brown hair. Upon searching, he found out it was Hanatsukii Reina, the translator who worked for Hibari Kyouya during his visit to France. It turns out that Reina, affectionately called 'Ren', was an old friend of Haru and Kyoko, making her a part of the Vongola family. That explained her presence there. Tsuna noted that Kusakabe Tetsuya, Hibari's right-hand man, seemed to be interested with her, since he was always by her side. It was when Reina walked towards Hibari and gave him a light-purple wrapped present with a gentle smile that made Tsuna remember. Kusakabe, along with Dino Cavallone and Ryohei were trying to make the two an item.

Reina wasn't the first woman they had introduced to Hibari, though the women end up leaving him due to his lack of interest in them and his busy life as the founder of 'The Foundation'. Even Dino himself started to give up on finding someone special for Hibari, but with Ren's presence, it seems that he still hasn't given up the idea. Even Tsuna, who thought the prospect of Hibari settling down was almost impossible, seem to like the couple. Even Hibari's pets love her. Suddenly, he was hugged tightly by someone from the back. "Oops, sorry, Tsuna-san! I seemed to trip over something" said a feminine voice he recognise so well. He turned to her, and saw Miura Haru looking up at him with a giddy smile. It wasn't the first time she had given him that smile, but Tsuna sensed there was something amiss. And he was right. "Tsuna-san! You have such broad shoulders! I guess that's just something that men have that we women don't have" Haru said, her eyes innocent. "Haru...are you possibly...drunk?" he asked, taking a step towards Haru. "What? No way! I only drank the fruit juice given by Kyoko's brother, Ryohei-nii!" she replied, hugging Tsuna's right arm. Ryohei? Don't tell me...!. Tsuna looked at Ryohei and noticed that I-pin and Lambo were already sleeping side by side at the corner of the room. Tsuna presumed that Ryohei thought that it was save to spike the drinks. "Hey, Tsuna! Come here! Want to play a game?!" Dino called out to Tsuna, Romario right beside him. Both have red faces, an indication that they were already drunk. How much did Ryohei-niisan spiked the juice? Tsuna wondered as he saw more of the guests were starting to get drunk. Gokudera Hayato and Yamamoto Takeshi, respectively the Vongola Storm Guardian and the Vongola Rain Guardian, were singing along a song that Tsuna does not recognise. Heck, the picture of the two getting along was somehow quite odd, since Gokudera is always treating Yamamoto like an enemy, even in their younger days.

Tsuna looked around and found almost everyone was drunk. He felt hot himself too, and Haru was already walking towards Gokudera. He was about to stop her when Kyoko bumped into him. "Tsu-kun...Forgive me. I was not able to stop Nii-chan from spiking the drink..." she said, her eyes half-closed. "It's alright. Ryohei-niisan was just being him after all. At least Hibari-san's not affected" he tried to reassure her, but this statement seem to made her cry. This alarmed Tsuna and he grabbed her chin so that she could look at him in the eye. Her eyes were already red, and she hugged him, surprising and delighting him at the same time. His childhood crush was hugging him, nothing was worse than that. But he was wrong. "Hibari-san....Hibari-san drank the juice that was given by Nii-chan!" Kyoko exclaimed. Tsuna felt as if all the blood in his body had been drained when he heard that.