Suffer

Suffer. A word we use so simply, yet it's implied negatively.
"She suffers from cancer" or "He suffers from depression."
Why do we use this word so loosely? Why does it have to be suffering? Suffering is saying that it is damaging the person, but for all we know it could be making them stronger.
We also tend to pity these people. We tend to give them more and treat them softer, if that makes sense. However, we don't know if they don't want to be treated that way; with privileges and pity. Maybe they want to be treated like regular people, not like something's wrong with them.
Do we fear these people? Why? How come we do not say that people suffer from politics? Politics can ruin people's minds and relationships with people. Why do we only help what we think needs help? Of course sickness and mental illness needs help, but so does everyone else. Maybe someone's afraid about coming out. They don't have to have a mental illness or an actual illness to need help. We all need help. We all suffer. However, I'm not particularly fond of that word. "Suffer." Instead I say "go through." Or just "has." At the end of the day, people who have illnesses are just people. We are just people and we need just as much help as they do. So yes, everyone suffers. Everyone is going through something. Everyone has something in their lives.

We all need help. Get help. Be the help.